Let me first start off saying this, I am not a book reader. I am normally not the type of person who will get so involved in a book that I can't put it down. On a whim last Thursday, I stopped in a Barnes and Nobles in Texas to get a book for my flight back home to Louisiana. The few books I have enjoyed have been non fiction/biography/history so I go to that section. I see the book and see it cost like 13 bucks so I figure why not. As tired as I was and ready to get home, the flight wasn't long enough for me, because I was so involved in the book.

Ok so about the book

It is written by Nicholas Sparks, who I didn't know before I got the book is the author of "The Notebook", and "A Message in a Bottle". He along with his brother, Micah, take a three week guided tour of the World, while there are alot of interesting facts and details about all of the places they have been, the real story is of Nicholas' and Micah's childhood and family. Without giving alot of the important details, the brother's grew up in a poor family and had some very interesting adventures. The story also includes some major losses they faced and how those losses affected the two brother's lifes. It has some funny spots that will make you laugh, but it is also somewhat touching. I am not a real soft mushy guy, but for some reason, this story was one that I got involved in and could relate to in alot of ways.

May not be for everyone, and my wife gave me a hard time this evening as I went outside with my cigar and finished what she called my "girly book"