Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sip n smoke

Default Sip n smoke

Just wondering... Any thoughts on what is the best combination of whisky(any drink for that matter) and cigar?
    I started drinking port recently after visiting Portugal.. Knockout with a good smoke...

Awaiting the flack... Ha ha!!
    Geoff..

I a good port.

My philosophy on bourbon and scotch is kind of like my philosophy on cigars, variety is the spice of life.

I was out with my father-in-law the other night and had a Lagavulin with a Party Short. That was niiiiice.

spiffy

Irish whiskey is my favorite whiskey in general, and while smoking. I couldn't ask for anything better than a glass of Black Bush to go along with a smoke.

Beer or coffee for me.

Default port..

The combinations are endless.. As for port you can pay the extra for the special reserves ... I found the (crusted port) good value with Knockout flavour.. Love the stuff....
    Fresh ground coffee & cigar... Tried it love it..
    Just got to start finding my way around the cigars now... Ha ha!!

God lifes Good...

When the weather gets better; most mornings, you will find me out on the back porch sipping on coffee laced with a shot of Kahlua and puffing on a Kahlua cigar. Yes, I like flavored smokes, especially in the morning.
    If I am going to have a strong, spicy smoke...say something like a Partagas I'll just go with a couple ordinary beers.
    Wine works as well, and I have no particular preference, except it must be a red.
    Whiskey works, Makers Mark is my current fav.
    You know....come to think of it.....I think I like just about anything that has alcohol in it.
    As stated above: The combinations are endless.
    Today, I will do a bit of Makers and a Media Noche.....Yea.
    Happy Days!
    Last edited by WeldonSmokin; 02-23-2008 at 12:57 PM.
    I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    Winston Churchill

Weldon

7. Default

I have recently gotten into this incredible tradition of a sip and a smoke. Its now an after work ritual. I sit with a glass of Johnny Walker Black Label and usually I have a Romeo Y Julieta Cedero # 2 or a Fuente Hemmingway series handy. Great 1 2 combo.

Blog Entries

A long time ago a similar thread was written and I remember SLC saying that he liked Black Coke when he smoked. I never heard of black coke at the time. It turned out to be pretty good.
    Last edited by cinda; 02-23-2008 at 01:31 PM. Reason: sp

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

A Tawny Port with most Sumatras or Maduros (particularly the RP Vintage line)

...I recently found the most delcious beer in the world, though I haven't paired it with a smoke yet.

It's a Russian lager called Arsenaloe. Two words: "OH MAN!"

I also like pairing Capt. Morgan spiced rum with spicier smokes.

I usually go with some Captain Morgan and coke. But for tonight I got a case of Sam Adams Cherry Wheat to go with my smoke. This is my current favorite beer, followerd by Guinness and Yuengling.

Ive been meaning to start to dabble into trying some scotch and so forth, just havent gotten around to researching brands to get a good one to start out with.
    Yay! Cigars!

Quote Originally Posted by Mizicke5273 View Post
    I usually go with some Captain Morgan and coke. But for tonight I got a case of Sam Adams Cherry Wheat to go with my smoke. This is my current favorite beer, followerd by Guinness and Yuengling.

Ive been meaning to start to dabble into trying some scotch and so forth, just havent gotten around to researching brands to get a good one to start out with.
    I'm trying to get into scotch myself. Yuengling is also one of my favorite beers. Weird.

I'm thinking about trying some Johnny Walker Gold. Will probably head to the bar before buying a bottle of anything.
    Last edited by chefchris; 02-23-2008 at 06:06 PM.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Yuengling has been one of my favorites since before I was legal. lol
    Yay! Cigars!

nothing like a quality cup of coffee. current favorite though is vanilla coke. especially good with alighter smoke, something like a CAO Gold.
    Mark 8:36

Another Yuengling fan here. Lots of Pennsylvanians here, I gather.

This evening I had a Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve with a glass of Tullamore Dew over ice and a frosty pint of Yuengling. My buddy who was over for the evening had a Gurkha Master Select with the same drinks.

I like a stout with a milder smoke, but an amber beer with a stronger smoke. I like wine and port, but have not yet tried to pair either with a cigar yet,

Default Happy days..

Thanks for the replies...
    Got some CAO Criollo Pampa.s today (One of your recommends for a newbie).. Cheers..
    Put to bed of course... not sure how long i should leave em?..
    Anyway.. When i try one gona try a beer that i,ve found and love.. called Desperado (Has a shot of tequila nd lime)... Heaven!!!

Geoff...

diet coke, diet dr. pepper, maybe coffe. Or water. Usually nothing.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

From my limited experience with beer Shiner Bock and Guinness Stout are my favorites. Never had a better liquor with a cigar than Crown Royal and Sprite or a homemade margarita. I guess homemade margaritas are my favorite liquor with a cigar.

Quote Originally Posted by cls515 View Post
    From my limited experience with beer Shiner Bock and Guinness Stout are my favorites. Never had a better liquor with a cigar than Crown Royal and Sprite or a homemade margarita. I guess homemade margaritas are my favorite liquor with a cigar.
    Crown Royal and Sprite? Never heard of that...Heard of Crown and coke but not sprite...I think drinking crown other than straight should be a sin...But your right, Crown is good.

I use to like Crown and Coke before I tried it with Sprite. My friend always drank it with Sprite, I always used Coke. After I tried it with Sprite and a cigar, Coke never tasted as good. Don't knock it til you try it.

AVO with Stone's Smoked Porter is the best paring I've done with a retail beer so far.

Wild
    Wild

On Tap -

1. Red IPA
    2. Extreme Red

Secondary - Mesquite Bourbon Mead

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." - Humphrey Bogart

Thread Information