Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about H Upmann ...

Default Let's talk about H Upmann ...

Anyone had any experience with these? I've never had one but I hear about them every now and then, especially the Magnum 46. Anyone had the Regalias? Tell me what you think about any of them.

Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

The Vintage Cameroon is one of the best cameroon cigars I've ever had. They're cheap too.

That's the only H. Upmann I've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporadic Metonomy View Post
    The Vintage Cameroon is one of the best cameroon cigars I've ever had. They're cheap too.

Err...take a look at the flag Chris posted.

I've only ever had the Upmann No. 2. It was definitely enjoyable, but I didn't like it as much as Monte's No. 2.

Yes.......they are wonderful!!! I suggest the Magnum. Also the No.2 is very worth a try.
    Enjoy.

This isn't the first time, JFellows.
    Linky

Just pokin' a little fun, Sporadic Metonomy.

Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

I'm currently being flogged by a group of nude women. I apologize for the less than observant comment.

...Is that the Finnish flag?

I'm currently being flogged by a group of nude women. I apologize for the less than observant comment.
    Reminded me of this

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    This isn't the first time, JFellows.
    Linky

Just pokin' a little fun, Sporadic Metonomy.

Hey you had me confused with those Fonseca's as well! I was scouring all the online vendors that I know of looking for em. I began to think you were crazy cause no shop had them in. They had Fonseca Habana Seleccion Delicias or sumting but no Fonseca Delicias.

Then I got the bright idea to do a google search and all was revealed to me. My searched ended there when I realized they are out of my reach currently.
    Yay! Cigars!

I've had around a dozen, maybe more. I like them.

Blog Entries

I've had several of the coronas juniors, they were tasty. I also like the Vintage line.

Blog Entries

A popular legend holds that the favorite cigar of US President John F. Kennedy was the H. Upmann Petit Upmann, and that the night before the embargo was signed, he had aide Pierre Salinger procure every box he could gather from Washington, DC tobacconists, for a total of 1,200 of his favorite cigars.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    A popular legend holds that the favorite cigar of US President John F. Kennedy was the H. Upmann Petit Upmann, and that the night before the embargo was signed, he had aide Pierre Salinger procure every box he could gather from Washington, DC tobacconists, for a total of 1,200 of his favorite cigars.
    Ya, i've heard this story before. Pretty cool.

Hi Chris,

I've smoked through a 1/2 dozen or so boxes of their Coronas Major and (obviously) really like them. Recent production is smoking very well young (I think). Actually I recently ran out and have been meaning to get another box so thanks for reminding me.

The only other H.U's I've had much experience with are their #2 and Sir Winston which are really tasty, (specially the Sir Winstons).

So I can recommend all of these but my go to H.U is the Coronas Major.
    "Science is a candle in the dark" - some science guy

MMmmm... scotch. Another love.

14. Default

The Sir Winston's are a really nice smoke. The Mag 46's have been spotty IMHO.

By the way...Check out my new sig-pic.

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    Linky

Here's the guy who got the cigars for JFK.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    Linky

Here's the guy who got the cigars for JFK.
    Great Link!

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

to make it endure

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    The Sir Winston's are a really nice smoke. The Mag 46's have been spotty IMHO.

By the way...Check out my new sig-pic.

Popular among cigar aficionados are the No. 2, the Magnum 46, and the churchill-sized Sir Winston (named in honor of Winston Churchill).

to make it endure

Supposedly the Mag 46 was one bad mama in the early part of 2000s but in the past few years they have been lacking. As you already know the 07 I was telling you about was overpowered with ammonia, but the one I had yesterday was refined power. From what limited experience I've had I think the Mag 46 is back in a big way.

The Sir Winston is a good smoke, a bit floral if I remember correctly. While the #2 was a good "leathery" tobacco smoke. Read the coronas are mild, couldn't say much about them, never had one.

I've had some bad 46s but I think they're phased out now. Probably couldn't go wrong with anything from the 07 line. You should start out with a sampler of the 46, I think you will be impressed.

Edit - The Mag 46s are from May 06, not 07.
    Last edited by cls515; 02-25-2008 at 01:19 AM.

I still have some sir winstons from 03 (I think) relaxing down stairs. They are pretty mild from my memory (only smoke about 5 or so)..

I'll be burning the rest come summer.

Split a box with a botl here. If he chooses he can add his .02

20. Default

Like many cigars, they abandoned the Camaroon wrapper years back during a shortage for a cheaper alternative (Java) and never went back. The java wrapper seems very brittle,tasteless to me ( easily dries out ). Therefore, I avoid the regular line of Upmann, R&J and any other Java wrapped cigar.

I have lots of Vintage cameroons and buy up every old vintage Upmann that is located. The construction, burn and taste are top shelf.

Thread Information