Thread: RIP Gary Gygax

Blog Entries

Default RIP Gary Gygax

I know that I'm not the only Role Player here...(well, willing to admit it anyways...)

I remember a summer in '86 when a friend of mine introduced me to a game that would change my life forever. I created and dreamed a great many stories, characters, and very far away lands. My imagination was the limit. I got introduced to Elric, ran with Tasslehoff, and challenged Atlas. My love for history started with this game and continues to this day. I find myself remembering those times...playing games like WOW and enjoying the world that was just once my imagination.

Gary Gygax co-created Dungeons and Dragons and is one of the Fathers of role-playing games. Thanks for giving me a wonderful world to explore...

May all your rolls be natural 20's!

RIP Mr. Gygax

d&d has always been intraing to me never played but would like to know how RIP guy that started it all

dustin

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”

Hendrix the gnomish thief/magic user raises a tankard of mead to honor his passing
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

I brought my white wizard up to level 50 after four years of questing and modules with my D&D club in the late 1970's - early 1980's. D&D was the beginning of my love of fantasy and sci fi, and gaming too. I hope he went to that great module in the sky and is rolling dice and enjoying a tankard of grog at this very moment.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Thread Information