Thread: Humidity Beads

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    I have actually been using the beads for ~ a month or so. I bought a tube for my work humidor, but I dont think it is big enough for my ~100 count box. Viper, I noticed you are carrying the bags now, can you fill these up as well?
    Yes you can. The bag will hold a full pound.

The beads offered by Heartfelt Industries are claimed to keep humidity at a stable 65%. While this value may be in the lower acceptable range, most information from the experts suggest that 70% is optimum. Am I getting a little over-cautious or will the 5% difference be significant?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mglantz
    The beads offered by Heartfelt Industries are claimed to keep humidity at a stable 65%. While this value may be in the lower acceptable range, most information from the experts suggest that 70% is optimum. Am I getting a little over-cautious or will the 5% difference be significant?

Mike
    Most people that have smoked cigars for a long time agree that the cigar smokes better at an approximate 65% humidity. At 70% and above you start ot get some smoking issues such as tight draw due to the expanded tobacco from the moisture and difficulty keeping the cigar lit without a relite being required. Now if you plan on long term storage (read that as multiple years) some manufacturers recommend 70-72% for that storage.

In about a week and a half I will be adding 70% beads to my webstore and they will thenm be available if anyone wishes to buy that level of humidity.

Thanks for the info, Viper. My cigars are never in my humidor for more than a few weeks maximum so 65% would be fine. I find it easier to keep the humidity at a slightly lower level than to keep it pumped up so, again, 65% should work well for me. Thanks again.

that's definitley a good point. i never keep any cigar longer than a month at the very longest, so this is good info for me too.

6. Default

just ordered a half pound from heartfelt based on all the positive reviews i've read-should be here in a few days and i'll post my reviews after i've tried them out for a while.

Blog Entries

Remember to RTFM... I got one of the tubes a month or 2 back and forgot to recharge them. My humidity droped to ~60% before I realized what was going on... they were all white.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Thread Information