Thread: Rats

Default Rats

I just heard another story today about the growing rat infestation problem. I predict that within 5 years some cities will have a serious rat problem. Why? Two reasons: 1) you can no longer buy effective rat poison, 2) there are fewer cats (pets or feral). Most cities have stringent pet laws and make an all-out effort to catch strays. That's good. To a point.
    Really no different than in nature where a balance must be maintained to prevent an over- population of one species.

I recently got bitched out because I have a pregnant shop cat at work. "Don't you know that cat should be spayed?". Why? "Because she's going to have unwanted kittens and that's cruel." I want kittens and already have a home for them. "Well, cats reproduce like rats and we have to control them." (Notice the real reason?)

You know, 10,000 years ago people realized that a few cats hanging around were effective in keeping the rat population down. Today, I don't need some smart ass bitch telling me otherwise.

And let's not leave Rusty out of the picture. I had a terrior who totally enjoyed catching rats out on the farm. He didn't eat them. He just neatly piled them in a heap to show off his talents. Good Boy.

Good Movie.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Blog Entries

I'm only worried about the R. O. U. S. population
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

No big problem. Wait until they start spreading disease, and the busybody nanny staters will be screaming that we need more cats. Then we let the cats breed and in about 2-3 years, the rat population is decimated. Then we have to figure out what to do with all the feral cats....well, we can always put a bounty out on them.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

5. Default

In my younger years a bud of mine moved into a house. We soon discovered it was infested with rats. You don't need cats to dispose of rats...All you need is a cooler of beer and several boxes or 22 rat shot to
    load into your pistol.

After a couple of nights...No more rats. I think around 20 of them met their maker over a weekend. If there were more I guess they left before we got them.

I got another rat story...Several years ago my wife and I were asleep. My male pit bull Jake jumped into bed with us and started raising hell. he kept running into the bathroom and back to us.

I went into the bathroom...Nothing. I could hear a scratching sound...Prolly just the wind blowing. I went back to bed.

Jake went back to bed as well as the wife and I...After awhile Jake springs back into action. We again enter the bathroom. I observe a black head emerging through a hole in the wall that was not there earlier. Looks like the rat got into my attic and fell in behind my bathroom wall. He chewed his way out.

I ran to my closet where I keep a pump type BB gun for birds and squirrels that become a problem. I grab it and began pumping the crap outa it while entering the bathroom.

About the time I enter the bathroom the rat and Jake are making an exit. We chase the damn thing down the hall into the den. Jake cornered it under my chair in the den. I shine my flashlight under the chair and pull the trigger.The rat blinks his eyes and his ears are blown back...Shit...In rush to kill the bastid I forgot to put a BB in the chamber. Off we go again.

Jake and I finally got the damn thing...Jake really did.

The real problem came then. I noticed the rat had pissed all the way down the hall into the den. Two o'clock in the morning and the wife and I are cleaning up up...I hate rats.

... yes, i'm just gonna litter this thread with pictures.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Now that's what I'm talking about. A rat safari. I used to shoot them when I was a kid. Had an old single shot 22. I think the barrel was worn smooth so it held a good pattern with rat shot. The old barns on the farm had plenty rats, big rats, but they were clean rats. Not sewer rats like in NY. Of all the rats, I prefer Texas rats.

Yes, more rat pics.

lmfao! Ken that's priceless - I got a lotta good visuals reading the Ken/Jake tagteam vs The Rat story!
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

We got rats in our attic. I fucking HATE rats and mice.

So every night I put out dog food for the dogs, and eventually they finish eating and go find someplace to sleep in the yard. I wait about 30 minutes, then I burst out the back door with my rat-catcher broom. They rush up the chimney; I use the broom to pin one of them to the brick, then with the other hand I use my rat-tongs to grab them by the tail.

Then it's whappity-whappityp-whap on the brick till they stop moving. I then submerge them in a bucket of scummy rain water (I keep another bucket of fresh water for the dogs) till they stop wriggling. Then its toss into the compost heap, and rinse and repeat the next night. Eventually I'll get most of them and the rest will move on to an less dangerous neighborhood.

I mused over using a gun, but my wife freaks out when I say I'm going to start plinking rats with my 22 rifle in the back yard. Awww crap, I never get to have any fun any more.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka View Post
    We got rats in our attic. I fucking HATE rats and mice.

So every night I put out dog food for the dogs, and eventually they finish eating and go find someplace to sleep in the yard. I wait about 30 minutes, then I burst out the back door with my rat-catcher broom. They rush up the chimney; I use the broom to pin one of them to the brick, then with the other hand I use my rat-tongs to grab them by the tail.

Then it's whappity-whappityp-whap on the brick till they stop moving. I then submerge them in a bucket of scummy rain water (I keep another bucket of fresh water for the dogs) till they stop wriggling. Then its toss into the compost heap, and rinse and repeat the next night. Eventually I'll get most of them and the rest will move on to an less dangerous neighborhood.

I mused over using a gun, but my wife freaks out when I say I'm going to start plinking rats with my 22 rifle in the back yard. Awww crap, I never get to have any fun any more.
    You should build yourself one of these LINKY

make them your neighbors problem
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    You should build yourself one of these LINKY

make them your neighbors problem

Thread Information