Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tatuaje

Default Tatuaje

Are they worth the money? I read nothing but great reviews but have yet to bring myself to pony up the money and buy some. What do you guys think and which is your favorite?

Quote Originally Posted by COMB2 View Post
    Are they worth the money? I read nothing but great reviews but have yet to bring myself to pony up the money and buy some. What do you guys think and which is your favorite?
    Pete is a dick, but his cigars aren't bad. Try the Havana VI for a decently priced Tat to get a feel for the flavor.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

They're fantastic, fantastic cigars. If you want a cheaper introduction to the brand, try the Series P (white label). It has mixed medium and long filler tobacco, but the taste/burn/look are indicative of the brand as a whole. They're just about as close to an isom as you can get in a NC.

Blog Entries

Tatuaje brown labels are some of the absolute best cigars I've smoked.
    I have an RC184, and an Exclusivo Zona Del Este that I'm saving for a "special" occasion.

the few brown label Noellas I've had have been great.. fairly sweet flavor profile.

[Interesting note] The first letters of the first six vitolas in the La Seleccion de Cazador (Brown label) line spell the name Hunter, of one of Pete's dogs[/interesting note]

~Dennis
    Last edited by bigwhiteash; 03-20-2008 at 09:11 AM. Reason: remove reference to offending vendor
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

What I have smoked so far are excellent.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    Tatuaje brown labels are some of the absolute best cigars I've smoked. you can get samplers for reasonable prices at newhavanacigars.com , and they usually have them in stock more than any other site I've seen.

I have an RC184, and an Exclusivo Zona Del Este that I'm saving for a "special" occasion.

the few brown label Noellas I've had have been great.. fairly sweet flavor profile.

[Interesting note] The first letters of the first six vitolas in the La Seleccion de Cazador (Brown label) line spell the name Hunter, of one of Pete's dogs[/interesting note]

~Dennis
    Another interesting note: Pete has the Opus X logo tattooed on his arm
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Quote Originally Posted by JFellows View Post
    They're fantastic, fantastic cigars. If you want a cheaper introduction to the brand, try the Series P (white label). It has mixed medium and long filler tobacco, but the taste/burn/look are indicative of the brand as a whole. They're just about as close to an isom as you can get in a NC.
    Exactly my recommendation. The Serie P. My favorite size is the Petit Corona. Excellent, cheap smoke.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    I got my first cigar tattoo this week. Not any specific brand.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    I got my first cigar tattoo this week. Not any specific brand.

Pics? or at the very least a little more info Chris.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

The havana VI are really good. Ive got a series P in my cooler that needs torched here soon. Havent had the chance to try any thing else, although Im gona pick up a sampler here soon.
    Yay! Cigars!

They are tasty. But from reading Pete's posts he comes off as a Grade A jackass.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    They are tasty. But from reading Pete's posts he comes off as a Grade A jackass.
    Last edited by ashauler; 03-20-2008 at 09:30 AM. Reason: remove unecessary data...purpose served

Blog Entries

Thanks for the heads up on that vendor, Jamie.. They will not be getting my business. I have removed reference to them from my post. maybe you could remove it from your quote also?

Still stand by my liking of the Tatuaje brand, though
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on that vendor, Jamie.. They will not be getting my business. I have removed reference to them from my post. maybe you could remove it from your quote also?

Still stand by my liking of the Tatuaje brand, though
    Done. I like Tat's also......but I think what I have is what I will have.

Nice flavors but over rated IMO. Construction quality! You can unfortunatley find 5-8 cigars per box that are un-smokable. I would stick to the original Don Pepin Blue. This was the first blend presented........and was refused because of the cost.

I've enjoyed tatuaje's, but you can get that same taste profile across the whole Don Pepin set of lines, whatever brand they're under. Most Tat's I find a little pricey, especially given that, although there is high demand, there is plenty of supply. But, you like it and have the money, you'll pay.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    on another interesting note, Chuck Norris has Pete Johnson tattooed on his innner thigh.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan View Post
    on another interesting note, Chuck Norris has Pete Johnson tattooed on his innner thigh.

I've had some good and bad experiences with the various Tatuajes.......recently, more good than bad. Flavor wise, they've got the familiar Pepin flavor found in many of his smokes. Construction/draw/burn wise, I've had some absolute bombs.....and some that smoked really nice. The lack of consistency kinda bothers me. But to each his or her own. These cigars certainly do have a loyal following so that should say something.

Might wanna look into getting a sampler pack of Tatuaje (i.e. CBid, Holt's, etc). That'll give you a general idea of if it's something you wanna get into.

P.S. That Chuck Norris tattoo visual is disturbing.

Had to chime in condsidering my sig. The Havana VI line is my favorite. Yeah, Pete Johnson should stay off the boards. I've smoked a pile of Tats & Cabs and had one very tight Victorias (6"X38) and one tunneling problem. Guess I've beeen lucky there. Wish I could say the same for some other brand$.

Thread Information