Thread: You know you're getting old when....

Default You know you're getting old when....

Ok I know there are a few 40+ guys on here like me, so post your latest "Oh shit I'm getting old" moment.

So my latest epiphany is....

.....when buying a new dishwasher is the high point of your week........
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

32 here and i had to pull two hairs off my ear this morning

Dustin

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”

I still get carded for rated R movies. You have to be 17 to watch a rated R movie.

I will never be old.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Used to have a memory like a lock box, my mother's genes have been kicking in though. While heading off to teach class, I usually have to go back to the office 3 times to get my notes, book, pen, etc...

I really am becoming a nutty professor. The white in the beard too only confirms it. But, I'm only 26.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Blog Entries

Lets see...when you start stretching and you here poping and groaning from the body!

Blog Entries

Oh wait, you know you are getting old when...

AARP sends you a membership card!! I'm in my 30's! They must be desperate for membership!

Unhappy

You know your getting old when you have to got to the bathroom and ten minutes later you remember.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dickson View Post
    You know your getting old when you have to got to the bathroom and ten minutes later you remember.
    Wait a sec...oh...NM

You know your getting old when your childhood toys are now sold only in antique shops.

10. Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post
    Wait a sec...oh...NM
    Lopaka,

I'm over 40 not 70.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Blog Entries

I was laughing at myself...because I have already done that.

Blog Entries

I had to get a pair of reading glasses this year......well, make that 4 pair....since I keep forgetting where I put the last pair.

13. Default

I was just going to put that one up. I generally fold them into my t-shirt collar and forget that they are there.

I recently went through my morning ritual of picking cigars for my day. Lit the morning cigar went to work and found my Xikar and PB-207 missing. Haven't seen them since. Totally baffled, thing is I clearly remember lighting the cigar. Nothing after that.
    ~ Mark Twain

Blog Entries

I'm known for getting a cup a coffee and the losing it in 1 min.

Quote Originally Posted by BunkyX View Post
    You know your getting old when your childhood toys are now sold only in antique shops.
    Classic

Quote Originally Posted by dustinpollock View Post
    32 here and i had to pull two hairs off my ear this morning

Dustin
    No, no, let 'em grow! That way you can use them later for a comb-over.
    Wild

On Tap -

1. Red IPA
    2. Extreme Red

Secondary - Mesquite Bourbon Mead

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." - Humphrey Bogart

Well I'm only 26 so this thread doesn't really apply to me yet. However I have enough gray hair now that its noticeable. Plus my beard is starting to go salt and pepper. Oh well. At least I'm not losing my hair...yet.

spiffy

Thread Information