Thread: Newbie still....trying to catch a break!

1. Default Newbie still....trying to catch a break!

So here's the thing, I get some good deals on some cigars from a friend who imports them for me through Havana House here in Canada. I usualy get one or 2 boxes, open one to smoke and if i don't care for them sell them off to friends or what not. I've tryed to offer them on a few sites and people go nuts thinking they are fakes or I'm new and not to be trusted. If Ebay allowed smokes on thier site I'd easily sell them off there but alas, this is not permited. I'm not a scammer of any sort. The boxes are Canada Customs Payed and have the sealed (new) havana house hologram on them as well as all date stamps of course. I keep them in a humidor at all times as well.

Anyways, I have a few boxes right now and if anyone is interested you can email me at jordan26@shaw.ca to find out what i have and how much!. I can photograph the boxes all ya want!

Thanks!
    Jordan Hawk

Since you are a newb..

You really should not be trying to sell anything.

Stick around and become a member of this community.

Once you become a trusted member maybe ppl will purchase from you.

I have a member on this board for a short time..but have been on another forum and have alot of trades passes and spolits under my belt.. But i can't even sell a sampler on here..

So you got to put a lot of time on here befor you can sell off a box..

Blog Entries

Clockwork, while roasting you may be fun, I'll just give you my standard, canned response to posts like yours:

Since no one here knows you or anything about you, you're going to have to send your end of the deal FIRST, have one of our more experienced members here analyze the cigars and if he says they're real, he'll send you the money. I'm sure you understand why it has to be this way.
    Makes sense, doesn't it?

BTW, how are things going over at StogieChat?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

4. Default

It's a tough crowd to crack hey! :) The stogie boys always beat me in the back alley everyday after skool..lol

5. Default

If it was a senior type member that was interested I'd gladly send a box first....it just you know...breaks the heart to think you could lose them :( If only there was a senior member located somewhere close to me in Alberta or something.

Blog Entries

roham is in Calgary. I'm pretty sure he smokes Cuban cigars.

Try him
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

7. Default

well that dosn't help much! lol

CALGARY ROOOOOOOOOOCKS!
    just thought I'd get that in!

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    roham is in Calgary. I'm pretty sure he smokes Cuban cigars.

Try him

9. Default

OMG i swear i Read he DIDN't smoke cubans! lol
    I was out unflooding the roads all day here...major storms have drenched the brain

Quote Originally Posted by clockwork
    If it was a senior type member that was interested I'd gladly send a box first....it just you know...breaks the heart to think you could lose them :( If only there was a senior member located somewhere close to me in Alberta or something.
    You prove everyone's point and hold your buyer to the same high standards that those who have posted about your "Noob" status and selling your "Cubans".

Why does it have to be a "senior type" member that you will send your smokes to for inspection. Are you distrustful of the noobs here? Of course your are . . . thats why you are seen as an unknown quantity/quality here trying to sell fairly high dollar items sight unseen.

Listen to CCat and the others . . . hang around, get in on a pass/trade and become "know" here and on the other boards before hanging out your "For Sale" sign.

Good Luck and Welcome to the board.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by clockwork
    OMG i swear i Read he DIDN't smoke cubans! lol
    I was out unflooding the roads all day here...major storms have drenched the brain

PM me and we can get together for a smoke if you like. I'd love to take a look at that box anyways.

And the flooding was awsome! wow, I thank god I live atop a BIG hill,

Here's a pic of the elbow river and some RICH homes along it

"smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Thread Information