Thread: Been a fun couple of weeks

Default Been a fun couple of weeks

Well I finally have time to read the board and post here again. Been going through training for my new job the last week or so. I'm in Chicago for the next week right now before I head to Seattle for a month or so.

There's a little B&M a couple of blocks from the hotel so that's been nice.

Hopefully once the training ends I'll have a little more free time.

spiffy

Spiffy, glad to see your back and enjoying the job stuff. Check out Jack Schwartz's in Chicago, Cigar King is in the near North suburb Skokie and Churchill and Downs is in the near North/NW burb of Northbrook. Send Giese a PM and if he has time, something he doesn't have much of lately, he's a great FOG to learn from and get hilarious stories out of (used to be an officer of the law). Also, since Mithril is the only other Chicagoan active on this board and he's waaaaaay north of the city, almost to Wisconsin, you may want to post a herf/meet-up thread at cigarpass, tons of Chicago boys there.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Don't think I'm gonna have time this trip for herfing. Today was our only free time. But I'll most definitely be in Chicago again for work. I'll keep that in mind and try to get together next time I'm here.

spiffy

By the way, best chicago style pizza is from a place called Rosati's. They're a family owned franchise, so I can't vouch for all locations. But, if you get one that's one of the originals, best chicago pie out there.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Thread Information