Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What to do while smoking?

I have a bird feeder in the back yard, and a flower and herb garden. I sit out there and read and sometimes weed the garden. Just finished one of the latest from Bernard Cornwell, the best historical fiction writer ever. My mom gave me a subscription of The Economist for Christmas, so I'm feelin' pretty damn worldly now. Currently - The last Harry Potter book. Next up: Christopher Hitchens' God Is Not Great. Get a lot of windshield time at work, and my day often starts as early as 2 or 3 am - no traffic - 1 or 2 hours, so a cigar is good then too.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

I sit in the back yard and contemplate my navel.

I have a private campsite under huge trees at the back of my property and sit out there, pretend I'm camping, and watch the birds and critters. I use the time to relax and enjoy the smoke.
    - Freddy

"Shut up," he explained.
    - Ring Lardner Jr.

If I'm alone I'll have some cocktails, read, think, and listen to music. If my ol' lady is around, we'll play games, talk, or just fool around.
    Wild

On Tap -

1. Red IPA
    2. Extreme Red

Secondary - Mesquite Bourbon Mead

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." - Humphrey Bogart

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    I usually reflect upon the question of "why is everyone else on this road driving like a fucking idiot"
    Been there. I think if everyone smoked a cigar while driving, we would all have the cruise control set 5 mph above the speed limit and just chill.

I like to read or watch a DVD while smoking. Just finished watching the Sopranos and enjoying a CFO graffiti.

During the winter I go to the B&M or some place else that is comfortable. During the summer it's in the yard, on the porch, camp fire, or just going for a walk.

Never inside the house, camper or around the kids and wife.

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

usually on the balcony, do a little people watching as i'm having a JD.
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

7. Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    Been there. I think if everyone smoked a cigar while driving, we would all have the cruise control set 5 mph above the speed limit and just chill.

I like to read or watch a DVD while smoking. Just finished watching the Sopranos and enjoying a CFO graffiti.
    I do that going to and from work and here I thought. I was something special.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Dickson View Post
    I do that going to and from work and here I thought. I was something special.
    You are still special.

On a nice day, I just sit outside with a nice smoke and a nice drink and just watch nature do her thing. Russling of the leaves, squirrels chasing each other, and birds tooting their horn. It makes me unwind.

Sometimes my GF would sit outside with me and we'd talk each other's ears off. Other times, I'd be reading something or catching up with some buds on the cell.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
    I sit in the back yard and contemplate my navel.
    Dude, shouldn't that be done in the privacy of your own closed doors? Come on now!

11. Talking

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    You are still special.
    Do you mean like the short bus special?????
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Things to do while smoking..........I usually watch tv/movie or surf the web when at home. When
    out and about, cigar lounges and coffee shops with friends. They're also great for driving, especially with LA traffic......tends to calm the nerves a little bit

13. Default

I like to brew beer and smoke a good cigar. There is quite a bit of down time when brewing and it's a great chance to have "garage time" away from people.

I also like to smoke on road trips, as long as my wife is not along for the ride. I smoke while I read and I smoke at least 3 cigars when I play dominos with my brother.

It gets to be 110* here in the Sacramento in the summer. It's very hard to find a place to smoke indoors. It's the cigar off-season.

The weather is great now. Yesterday I had a Tatuaje VI and it was good. Then I had a La Flor Dominica and it was tasty too. Gotta smoke 'em before the heat arrives!

I have gotten back into radio listening. I have a new police scanner programmed with the local frequencies. I also picked up a nice portable shortwave radio. I smoke out behind the house in the garage where we have an old couch set up.

It is nice in the evenings to grab a good bottle of beer or pour a glass of scotch, then light up a nice 1.5 hour cigar and fiddle around to see what I can pick up on one of my radios. Sometimes you hear interesting events with the local police (and I am near newark, so plenty of action there). On the shortwave you can pick up radio stations from cuba or taiwan, among other places.

Other than that I sit back with a good book or load a movie or tv show onto the laptop.

I like to lay in my hammock at the beach in the shade.

I get so little free time these days that sitting on my ass on the patio for 45 minutes doesn't bother me a bit. Maybe listen to the radio, scanner, short wave or Ham band activity. Mostly, I just sit in the quiet and listen to the breeze blow while having a drink. In the cold weather, I just hit a bar that allows smoking.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

17. Default

Playing online poker or browsing the internet. Watching Lost on my Iphone...

When I smoke cigars, I'm at work. Everyday I am grateful to be in the cigar business.

Play golf

Ah the age old question of what to do while you smoke…Well, I have actually split the humi right down the middle. Sticks on the left are my, “Yard Gars” Basically, the sticks I enjoy gnawing on and smoking while I am working on the yard or walking the dog or just hanging out around the house.

The right side of the humi are my, “Don’t Bother Daddy while he is having his alone time.” This one speaks for itself…These are the badass sticks I like to smoke with friends and family. Also the sticks I like to smoke with my 3 fingers of crown.

Thread Information