Thread: anybody bought a xikar off ebay?

Question anybody bought a xikar off ebay?

I'm looking to buy one for my dad for his birthday and was wondering if anybody's had a good experience with ebay?

I personally have never had a bad experience with e-bay (knock on wood). I have never bought a cutter, but I have bought of ton of other $hit. Just make sure the person you are dealing with has good feedback and pay with Paypal, you usually have a better chance of getting your money back if you use a credit card thru Paypal and something goes wrong.

Sure, I've picked up a couple Xikar cutters off eBay for fairly reasonable prices. As long as the seller has been established for a while and they have 98+% positive feedback you should have a fairly good experience. Look through their feedback and see if there are any negatives and what they are for. Like Bk said, use a credit card through Paypal and is something goes wrong you can file a claim through your credit card company.

Speaking about Xikar cutters, I used to think they were a waste of money. They really do a nice job, though. I was pleasantly surprised when I cut my first cigar with it and it was like a surgeon's scalpel cutting right through it.

Better than ebay . . . look for the gift sets available from some vendors. You usually get 4 cigars and a Xikar cutter for around $30. It is not the high end Xikar with the wood or gold handles but it works very well.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jaewing
    Better than ebay . . . look for the gift sets available from some vendors. You usually get 4 cigars and a Xikar cutter for around $30. It is not the high end Xikar with the wood or gold handles but it works very well.

Agree with jaewing

IMHO e-bay sucks like a big assed crappy yard sale . Spend your $ with reputable vendors not e-bay reselling scuzzbags

K7
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7
    Agree with jaewing

IMHO e-bay sucks like a big assed crappy yard sale . Spend your $ with reputable vendors not e-bay reselling scuzzbags

K7
    You do realize that people sell new stuff on eBay, too? I picked up a brand new Xikar MTX for $22 shipped and a new Xi 3 for $40 shipped. You can get good deals on eBay safely, you just have to know what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    You do realize that people sell new stuff on eBay, too? I picked up a brand new Xikar MTX for $22 shipped and a new Xi 3 for $40 shipped. You can get good deals on eBay safely, you just have to know what you're doing.
    Very true and I do not necessarily dislike ebay . . . but my point was you can get the same cutter WITH cigars from some vendors for the same price (or maybe a bit more).
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by jaewing

I just got one of these - 2 Graycliff's, 2 Gurkha Legends - and a Xikar cutter for $30. A great price for that package! (got it on cBid)

everything i wanna bid on, on cigarbid is autobidders, i hate autobidders

Quote Originally Posted by QuietC
    everything i wanna bid on, on cigarbid is autobidders, i hate autobidders

I just hate cBid, period!!! It keeps taking all of my effort and my money!!! (But I do like the cigars I'm getting...)

Thread Information