Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by JFellows View Post
    Good bet, based on today's game.
    Yeah, Devils finally topped the Rangers, but they also lost the other 7 meetings this season in some close games. Momentum is more important and so is home ice.

throw me in for this. Penguins all the way baby.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Blog Entries

Well since I don't know very much about the NHL and my team is taken. Guess, I should pay more attention...

Put me down for the Capitals.

Oh ya, I am calling dibs on Calgary since I'm Calgarian and uhm, ya.... That's all I got I'll be back on the 21st of April from my Austria trip so see you then guys!!!

GO FLAMES GO!!! WOOT!!!
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

I'm in.

I'll take Colorado as my team.

Default update

I believe this is how the contest is looking so far...

Eastern Conference

1. Montreal Canadiens – victory01
    2. Pittsburgh Penguins – prophetic_joe
    3. Washington Capitals – Lopaka
    4. New Jersey Devils
    5. New York Rangers – prostartjr1738
    6. Philidephia Flyers
    7. Ottawa Senators
    8. Boston Bruins

Western Conference

1. Detroit Red Wings – Jfellows
    2. San Jose Sharks – Bdurrani
    3. Minnesota Wild
    4. Anaheim Ducks
    5. Dallas Stars
    6. Colorado Avalanche - Enhaf
    7. Calgary Flames - Roham
    8. Nashville Predators

Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post
    Well since I don't know very much about the NHL and my team is taken. Guess, I should pay more attention...

Put me down for the Capitals.
    Good pick. The Caps are hot right now with Ovechkin and Heut playing well they should go far into the playoffs.

You should declare an amount to be paid for each cigar. like 5 sticks, no less then $5 but no more then $10... Or something like that. All 5 cigars Premiums, so all over $10... Who knows. Just a thought
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Let's "stick" to the $5-10 range now that we've all already signed up.

Quote Originally Posted by prostartjr1738 View Post
    Being that the NHL playoffs are drawing near, maybe me can get some type of contest going. One thing I had in mind is each person playing picks a team before the playoffs start. That is your team to win the Cup. At the end of the playoffs whos ever team won gets the sticks, 2nd gets a cut also. Doing it this way, 16 people will beable to enter. The team you pick is the team your stuck with. Once the regular season ends (hopefully every spot will be filled) we will begin picking teams. We can each put in 5 smokes. Winner takes 60 2nd takes 20. If your intrested let me know. If we ahve some intrest Ill begin spot selection. If anyone has any other ideas let me know.

We can also do a side bet type thing between two people. 5 sticks per side bet (or whatever the parties involved agree on) pick the winner of a particular series.
    I'm down if you don't mind me sending from the great white north. I'll take the Sens since I'm just outside of Ottawa.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Here's how things look as of 4/8/08

Eastern Conference

1. Montreal Canadiens – victory01
    2. Pittsburgh Penguins – prophetic_joe
    3. Washington Capitals – Lopaka
    4. New Jersey Devils
    5. New York Rangers – prostartjr1738
    6. Philidephia Flyers
    7. Ottawa Senators -- Corvin
    8. Boston Bruins

Western Conference

1. Detroit Red Wings – JFellows
    2. San Jose Sharks – BDurrani
    3. Minnesota Wild
    4. Anaheim Ducks
    5. Dallas Stars
    6. Colorado Avalanche - Enhaf
    7. Calgary Flames - Roham
    8. Nashville Predators

7 spots still available, playoffs start tomorrow 4/9/08.

12. Default

Sorry I havent checked back in I almost forgot about this thing. Was on my way to work today and though $hit I better check it out. Thanks for updating the list BDuranni. 7 spots left and the playoffs start tonight. Anyone want some extra teams or have anyideas what to do with the open spots. Only a few games tonight nothing that will determine the winner so another night or 2 to figure it out than we should close it. Also Duranni I will take that bet how much you willing to wager?

We could play this like a cash game...if your team gets knocked out, or if you just want to play two hands at once, you can buy a 2nd team for another 5 sticks.

14. Default

how about 1st round loser get a 5 cigar buy back. (on top of the 5 you already lost). Can only buy back after the 1st round. If anyone wants an extra you can buy in a 2nd team now.
    Last edited by prostartjr1738; 04-09-2008 at 08:10 PM. Reason: pressed 3 instead of 5

1st Round

Eastern Conference:

Montreal Canadiens – victory01
    Boston Bruins

Pittsburgh Penguins – prophetic_joe
    Ottawa Senators – Corvin

Washington Capitals – Lopaka
    Philidephia Flyers

New Jersey Devils
    New York Rangers – prostartjr1738
    Side Bet: Bdurrani (Devils) vs. prostartjr1738 (Rangers)

Western Conference:

Detroit Red Wings – Jfellows
    Nashville Predators

San Jose Sharks – Bdurrani
    Calgary Flames – Roham

Minnesota Wild
    Colorado Avalanche – Enhaf

Anaheim Ducks
    Dallas Stars

Bored....so this is how the 1st round looks. Goaltending has been amazing so far! The Caps and Flyers first game was great, looks like a good series. Flames had a bad run of penalties their second game against the Sharks, get past that and they have an excited series going too.

Go Flames Go!!!! !wooooooooooooot!!!!

Sharks are going to win.
    Hopefully the Devils can re-bound.
    The Caps game was amazing, hopefully they'll go deep into the playoffs.

18. Default

If Lundqvist keeps playing the way he has been in the past 2 games, thres not many teams out there that can get more than 1 or 2 by him in a game. As long as the defense protects him and the offense put a few in the net I think the Rangers have a good shot of going deep into the playoffs. Every matchup in the playoffs this year is going to be real close. The teams are all pretty much right with eachother. IT will make for an exciting few weeks.

I am stupid for not taking the Stars
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by prostartjr1738 View Post
    If Lundqvist keeps playing the way he has been in the past 2 games, thres not many teams out there that can get more than 1 or 2 by him in a game. As long as the defense protects him and the offense put a few in the net I think the Rangers have a good shot of going deep into the playoffs. Every matchup in the playoffs this year is going to be real close. The teams are all pretty much right with eachother. IT will make for an exciting few weeks.
    Agreed. When I saw that the Sharks were against the Flames I knew that'll be a tough first round match-up. Both teams were projected to go deep but it doesn't look like that now.
    As long as they keep televising hockey I'm happy.

Thread Information