Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL playoffs

1. Default NHL playoffs

Being that the NHL playoffs are drawing near, maybe me can get some type of contest going. One thing I had in mind is each person playing picks a team before the playoffs start. That is your team to win the Cup. At the end of the playoffs whos ever team won gets the sticks, 2nd gets a cut also. Doing it this way, 16 people will beable to enter. The team you pick is the team your stuck with. Once the regular season ends (hopefully every spot will be filled) we will begin picking teams. We can each put in 5 smokes. Winner takes 60 2nd takes 20. If your intrested let me know. If we ahve some intrest Ill begin spot selection. If anyone has any other ideas let me know.

We can also do a side bet type thing between two people. 5 sticks per side bet (or whatever the parties involved agree on) pick the winner of a particular series.
    Last edited by prostartjr1738; 04-03-2008 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Side bets

*edit* woops, should have read. I'll probably be down.

I'm down, love hockey and cigars and now they are together!
    The regular season ends on April 6th.

Great idea! I like the side bet idea also.

I really hope I can get the team I want.

5. Default

Since we have a few people intrested already we should have no problem getting it full. If there are a few extra spots at the end you can have a 2nd team also. Heres the entries so far:

1.Me (prostartjr1738)
    2.JFellows
    3.BDurrani
    4.victory01
    If there are 2 or more people who want the same team, the person who picks it first (once the reg. season is over gets it.

I'm down
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

7. Default

Updated to add Roham.

1.Me (prostartjr1738)
    2.JFellows
    3.BDurrani
    4.victory01
    5.Roham
    Come on guys we need to fill 11 more spots.

Blog Entries

Why not, I'm in.

(Better get my team you bastagas!)

9. Default

1.Me (prostartjr1738)
    2.JFellows
    3.BDurrani
    4.victory01
    5.Roham
    6.Lopaka

What teams is everyone trying to get. I would like the Rangers. If you post what teams you want early maybe you can work something out if someone else wants the same team.

I'd like Montreal. No...not just cause they're sitting pretty. I've been following Price, figure if he's good enough to take team Canada to gold.....

Quote Originally Posted by victory01 View Post
    I'd like Montreal. No...not just cause they're sitting pretty. I've been following Price, figure if he's good enough to take team Canada to gold.....
    They are good, real good. Price can carry them all the way, but I see my team taking them out, we will see what happens, good pick, by the way.

I'll take Detroit. Hopefully losing Kopecky won't make that big of a difference.

13. Default

1.Prostartjr1738 (Rangers)
    2.JFellows (Detroit)
    3.BDurrani
    4.victory01 (Montreal)
    5.Roham
    6.Lopaka

If anyone wants to make a little side bet Id take the Rangers over the Devils for a few sticks. Also if we dont fill all 16 spots maybe we can fill atleast 8 an each picks 2 teams one from the east, one from the west. Winner of each confrence wins a few sticks and overall winner wins a few also.

Quote Originally Posted by prostartjr1738 View Post
    1.Prostartjr1738 (Rangers)
    2.JFellows (Detroit)
    3.BDurrani
    4.victory01 (Montreal)
    5.Roham
    6.Lopaka

If anyone wants to make a little side bet Id take the Rangers over the Devils for a few sticks. Also if we dont fill all 16 spots maybe we can fill atleast 8 an each picks 2 teams one from the east, one from the west. Winner of each confrence wins a few sticks and overall winner wins a few also.
    Good idea, I was thinking that also. I was also gonna suggest that if you take a top 4 team in one conference you should take a bottom 4 team in the other, to try and even things out a little.

The Rangers, eh? Coming off of two tough losses and losing the past three out of five...

16. Default

Rangers have been my favorite team since I was little. They have a good team, and an even better team on paper. They definatly have the ability of beating any team in the league. With Henrik playing pretty good now I think they have a good shot of going some rounds.

I'll take the San Jose Sharks. Should pick the Devils but I have to go with the Sharks, they are really good and their goalie is having an incredible season.
    I like picking 2 teams if all the spots don't fill.
    Last edited by BDurrani; 04-06-2008 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prostartjr1738 View Post
    I'll take that bet. I'll take the Devils to beat the Rangers in the playoffs. Devils fan since I began watching hockey, even though I didn't pick them, but I have to go with the hot hand.

Blog Entries

Bah, Sharks are my team...or is this for the side bets?

Was in SJ when they were formed.

Quote Originally Posted by BDurrani View Post
    I'll take that bet. I'll take the Devils to beat the Rangers in the playoffs. Devils fan since I began watching hockey, even though I didn't pick them, but I have to go with the hot hand.
    Good bet, based on today's game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post
    Bah, Sharks are my team...or is this for the side bets?

Was in SJ when they were formed.
    I think we're still picking our main teams. Pens are still looking decent if you want 'em.

Thread Information