Thread: Big Brew in AZ

Default Big Brew in AZ

Along with cigars, my other passion is brewing beer. I’ve seen others here that enjoy the same or at least favor the taste of handmade ale. I am extending an invitation to those on the board in my area to join in on this special day.

This year BA (Brewmeisters Anonymous) has teamed up with the Phoenix local Fraternal Order of Eagles to benefit the "Camp Courage" Children's Burn and Trauma Center. Come on out and brew with us, smoke some cigars, or just toss some shoes but do it for the kids!

Wild

On Tap -

1. Red IPA
    2. Extreme Red

Secondary - Mesquite Bourbon Mead

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." - Humphrey Bogart

Blog Entries

Unfortunately, I can't make it. Arizona is quite the drive for me. But I do appreciate what it is you do. I have wanted to start brewing my own beer for some time now, but haven't been in one spot long enough to get started and get going on it yet. My brother brews, as well as a couple of the guys I work with. Here in the tiny town in central Oregon I live in, there are six microbrews. I definitely have my favorites. Do you belong to a forum to swap information about homebrewing?

I have started to make my own cheese. Well, haven't started yet, but am still gathering information and supplies. Ever dipped into that? A couple of the homebrewing guys I know have a little bit of knowledge, and our local homebrew shop actually carries some supplies. Just wondering.

Thanks for the invite.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Do you belong to a forum to swap information about homebrewing?
    I belong to six:
    Brew Support Forum
    Hobx
    The Brewers Roundtable
    Brewingkb
    Realbeer
    Homebrewtalk

I have started to make my own cheese. Well, haven't started yet, but am still gathering information and supplies. Ever dipped into that? A couple of the homebrewing guys I know have a little bit of knowledge, and our local homebrew shop actually carries some supplies. Just wondering.
    I haven't yet but there are a few guys in the last forum listed that are well into it.

Hope you get to brew soon.
    Wild

On Tap -

1. Red IPA
    2. Extreme Red

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." - Humphrey Bogart

Blog Entries

Thanks for the advice. I joined the homebrewtalk forum and introduced myself. We'll see what happens.

Let me know if you ever get to start making cheese. I should be making my first batch in the next couple of weeks. I finally found a local farmer to sell me raw milk (although I have to sign a waiver), and ordered some rennet. It's not expensive, but none of the grocery stores here have it - I had to order it online.

I will let you know when I get a homebrew setup going. I'm getting married a month from today, so it probably won't be until after that.

Thanks again for the advice.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

I will let you know when I get a homebrew setup going. I'm getting married a month from today, so it probably won't be until after that.

Thanks again for the advice.
    congrats on the marriage and good luck on the brew.

I wish i could attend this event it sounds like a lot of fun. maybe next time.

I forgot to mention that we'll be raffling off a mobile kegerator. Icecube tote with a 3-gallon corny and CO2 injector for $2 a ticket.

Good luck
    Wild

On Tap -

1. Red IPA
    2. Extreme Red

Thread Information