Thread: Golfing

1. Default Golfing

Went golfing for the first time yesterday with my uncle and cousin. I have had the chance to go a few times but never thought I would like it so I always passed. Yesterday we worked a half day and had nothing else to do so we decided to go hit a few. Used my uncles old pair of clubs. Wasnt very good, at all actually. Hit a few nice shots but most of them were crap. Maybe it was because of the few bottles of homemade wine we took but I think it was just me. I didnt get a chance to bring any cigars since it was a spur of the moment decision, but next time I will make sure to. Had alot of fun and will definatly be going again. These damn hobbies I keep getting into are turning out to be real expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by prostartjr1738 View Post
    Went golfing for the first time yesterday with my uncle and cousin. I have had the chance to go a few times but never thought I would like it so I always passed. Yesterday we worked a half day and had nothing else to do so we decided to go hit a few. Used my uncles old pair of clubs. Wasnt very good, at all actually. Hit a few nice shots but most of them were crap. Maybe it was because of the few bottles of homemade wine we took but I think it was just me. I didnt get a chance to bring any cigars since it was a spur of the moment decision, but next time I will make sure to. Had alot of fun and will definatly be going again. These damn hobbies I keep getting into are turning out to be real expensive.
    As Sam Snead once quoted:

"You've just got one problem. You stand too close to the ball AFTER you've hit it."

Round of golf + stogie + beer = 1 expensive lifestyle!!!
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.”

I have said it once and I will say it again...Golf is a SKILL not a sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Maduro Man View Post
    All sports require skill.

I know I have seen this debate elsewhere on the forum... but I am going to disagree with you 110% on this one...

Each day that goes by it is becoming more and more of a SPORT...

You tell me that is doesn't take strength to pound the ball 300+ yards and straight in howling wind in your face. You tell me that it doesnt take strength to hit it out of 3 foot tall grass and hit it accurate enough to spin the ball to stop on a green. You tell me that you don't have to have, as other sports refer to it, "court sense" to be able to strategize on how to play the course.

Not really sure how anybody can argue that it is not a sport???
    P.S. Looks like it is on the verge of being added back to the Olympics.

I won't argue that if you watch ME play it is neither a SPORT or a SKILL... more like a monkey flailing his arms chasing a banana...
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.”

Quote Originally Posted by b_kim777 View Post
    I know I have seen this debate elsewhere on the forum... but I am going to disagree with you 110% on this one...

Each day that goes by it is becoming more and more of a SPORT...

You tell me that is doesn't take strength to pound the ball 300+ yards and straight in howling wind in your face. You tell me that it doesnt take strength to hit it out of 3 foot tall grass and hit it accurate enough to spin the ball to stop on a green. You tell me that you don't have to have, as other sports refer to it, "court sense" to be able to strategize on how to play the course.

Not really sure how anybody can argue that it is not a sport???
    P.S. Looks like it is on the verge of being added back to the Olympics.

I won't argue that if you watch ME play it is neither a SPORT or a SKILL... more like a monkey flailing his arms chasing a banana...

Yeah you got to be a REAL athlete to play this sport…
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	john-daly-golfer.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	813  

Touche... hahahahahaha...

Actually, you have to be an athlete.

compare

Nice one...Just bustin balls guys

Blog Entries

On a professional level, most activities are athletic. Even professional fishermen have an edge with intense physical training.

A single golf shot requires little physical strength. Training pays off in being able to execute any given shot, at any given time, consistently. Not to mention the mental discipline gained through years of exercise and physical exertion. This is where Tiger excells.

That said, I find golf to be the most challenging game to consistently play well.

Oh Yeah, even CHESS has been considered a possibility for a future Olympic "sport"?
    Last edited by bigwhiteash; 04-25-2008 at 09:04 PM.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Thread Information