Thread: Real or Fake

Default Real or Fake

a frined of mine in the UK is thinking of purchasing this box of cohibas and was wondering if they are real or fake? i asked him if he could get some better pictures but i was also wondering what you guys thought? thanks

Damn. Saw the thread title and thought there might be some titties in here.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

LOL.

I don't believe tobacco is allowed to be sold through ebay (it's for sure not allowed in the US), if that is the case, I wouldn't do it. Furthermore, if he's in the UK, he can buy them from reputable vendors in person and examine a sealed box to make sure the serials line up. Why even risk going through an on-line transaction.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Agreed, this thread is useless without titties.

To answer your question, allthough I'm no expert, they appear fake to me.

The box doesn't look like a genuine Cohiba box, there is no warranty seal, and they are for sale on Ebay. Those are the three obvious reasons. I'm sure better pictures would reveal even more flaws. They should also have a tax stamp I believe, depending on where they were "purchased".

And look at the seller. Been on Ebay for 4 years and zero feedback history. Apparently they have had one transaction in 4 years. Suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU View Post
    LOL.

I don't believe tobacco is allowed to be sold through ebay (it's for sure not allowed in the US), if that is the case, I wouldn't do it. Furthermore, if he's in the UK, he can buy them from reputable vendors in person and examine a sealed box to make sure the serials line up. Why even risk going through an on-line transaction.
    Tobacco products can be sold on US Ebay. Has to be "collectable" and disclaimered to be not for consumption, but for the value is in the banding, boxing, packging. etc. Most is way overpriced. I was gonna bid on a box of LFD 07 press tonight, but I fell asleep. Somebody got em for $105. That was a descent deal, but most of the auctions are not.

they are FAKE!

Look at the sheet of cedar that covers the cigars. Genuine article uses a crescent type moon cut on the corner. They have a straight cut at an angle in the top right hand corner. Amongst other things that is what I saw that stood out first.

The cigars are fake. The embosed emblems are off and their is way too much loose spacing between the cigars. If box was closed you could here them roll around. Unfortunatly deals do not exist with these cigars.

As for deals.............LFD Fact. Press II on ebay for $105. Thats insane! And , I would have to doubt the source. Litto is very paticular in who gets L.E. products. And, IF it was a valid account holder....they are risking losing the entire LFD line. Which I once again I doubt anyone would do. Lets remember that is a limited box of only 1,500 trays of 12 cigars ever produced. To discount 12 L.E. cigars almost 30%????? Finding them at MSRP of $144 is a deal.

There fake. First its on Ebay which doesn't allow tobacco to be sold on its site, so even if they were real I wouldn't risk it. Second it seems odd to me that the entire tax stamp has been removed.
    If I can't smoke because smoking will kill me then life isn't worth living.

-Ian Fleming

The bid is now up to $275, what a rip. You could get a genuine box of Siglo III or IV for that. To bad they are illegal here.

thank you guys for all your help i advised my friend not to purchase them and he went ahead and got a box from a local B&M.

Thread Information