Thread: What's for supper?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Today is wifey's b-day.

So, I'm doing a 3 hour smoke with chicken thighs. Prepped them by cutting off excess skin / fat. Poked the hell outta them with a fork, and applied all purpose rub. Let sit. Made salad, veggie tray, swiss chard / kale rabe. That's all done.

Got them in there on the 1st hour on the rack, just rub. Next hour will be in pans with some brown sugarwater, last hour has the "oh yeah" sauce on it.

I'm shooting for a better "bite through" skin this time. If not, it's still pretty tasty. Have the inlaws comin' over tonight.

And! I'm making a cake.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Today is wifey's b-day.

So, I'm doing a 3 hour smoke with chicken thighs. Prepped them by cutting off excess skin / fat. Poked the hell outta them with a fork, and applied all purpose rub. Let sit. Made salad, veggie tray, swiss chard / kale rabe. That's all done.

Got them in there on the 1st hour on the rack, just rub. Next hour will be in pans with some brown sugarwater, last hour has the "oh yeah" sauce on it.

I'm shooting for a better "bite through" skin this time. If not, it's still pretty tasty. Have the inlaws comin' over tonight.

And! I'm making a cake.
    Sounds awesome!

Today is wifey's b-day.

And! I'm making a cake.
    Sure as hell beats the hell out of my grilled burgers and peach pie ala mode dinner for my parents...

Blog Entries

Homemade pizzas (as in dough and sauce) on the grill while my son mixed Mojitos as fast as I could get them down.
    A toast and heartfelt thanks to those and their families who paid for the privileges I have.
    Matt

" I enjoy the smell of a good cigar." - Amanda Benefiel (my late Grandmother)

Blog Entries

Did a 2.5# chicken breast with bone in in the microwave. 7.5min per pound, flip half way. Guessed a soy sauce / olive oil marinade for under the skin.

Boiled rice / steamed broccoli. Yummy. The chicken carcass is in a pot now boiling to become broth for future use. Probably leek soup.

Will

Uncle Tupelo

Did a 2.5# chicken breast with bone in in the microwave. 7.5min per pound, flip half way. Guessed a soy sauce / olive oil marinade for under the skin.

Boiled rice / steamed broccoli. Yummy. The chicken carcass is in a pot now boiling to become broth for future use. Probably leek soup.

Will
    You lie.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreekTitan View Post
    You lie.
    Huh? I guess you're one of those "purists" that don't cook in the microwave? I've met "you people" before.

I'll be damned if it isn't one of the juiciest / easiest ways to cook whole(ish) chicken.

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information