Quote Originally Posted by DeeDubya View Post
Action and a reaction George. You know kinda like the little doctors mallet to check your nerve reaction. Basil's "I'm diggin it" remark caused a knee jerk. This thread was going on and on and the OP had long since vanished. Why don't we have the "Beat a dead horse" smile'?
I appreciate your explanation although I think I do have a fair understanding of how things work around here. I enjoy and respect the community but I won't hesitate to speak up.
I hear the reaction part - but it seems as though it a pretty strong reaction to a very innocuous situation. Similar to kicking the doctor in the face when he checks your reflexes.

I read what Ted wrote - and cracked a smile It seemed to me he was making a play on words, if you ask me. I didn't view it as being at the expense of Mr. C - but more along the lines of expounding on the new concept of "bewindling". Tomatoe - tomahtoe, I suppose.

I'm not sure why the "knee jerk" in this instance - or the clearly obvious smack on Ted and Jamie. But, like the true reasons the doctor does a reflex check, perhaps this is an opporunity to understand why there may be a problem. If it were me - I'd be pretty careful about throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Relationships between members on this board solidify our community.