Thread: Box in the humidor too?

Default Box in the humidor too?

Hey everyone... My name is Richie from Phlly, 39 yrs old, also a motorcycle nut, watch fanatic & I'm new to the forum but have been smoking cigars for about 10 years or so. I just got my first large humidor with a cigar oasis xl, it holds about 400 cigars. Now that I have something big enough to put an entire box in to, I'm not sure if I should put the entire box in or not. Also some boxes are cedar & some paper, does it matter? I have read the different ideas on leaving the plastic wrappers on & personally I always left mine on & had no problem but The box thing is new to me. Any advice would be appreciated & if I can help anyone with anything, lemme know!

leave them in the box. i leave mine in the cooler and have had no problems, in fact i am smoking an olvia G tubo just took the cello off the box been in there 6 months and its great

dustin

ps nice to see ya from utah

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”

Quote Originally Posted by dustinpollock View Post
    leave them in the box. i leave mine in the cooler and have had no problems, in fact i am smoking an olvia G tubo just took the cello off the box been in there 6 months and its great

dustin

ps nice to see ya from utah
    Ohhhh... So you leave your box wrapped in plastic & just put it in the humidor? I was unwrapping the box but not the individual cigars.

You can remove the box cello, or the individual cigar cello, or just leave it all on until you are ready to smoke it. It doesn't matter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    You can remove the box cello, or the individual cigar cello, or just leave it all on until you are ready to smoke it. It doesn't matter.
    Yep just doesn't matter as long as your humi or cooler is at the proper rh and temp.

Welcome to the board from Kansas.

Like they said, you could leave it completely sealed or break it down all the way and take the cello off the sticks. However you want to do it.

Welcome from MS.

Very good to know... Thanks to all.

I always open the box and check for mold, beetles, splitting, or other problems just in case they need to be returned. After that it's personal preference. I leave 'em in the box, just like everyone else has said.

I don't think I'll ever have enough will power to buy a box and not unwrap it to look and drool over the sticks.
    Believe Dat!

10. Default Welcome RItchieRIch

Congratulations on your new humidor! As with many cigar issues - personal preferences
    always count first. Many of us who do own humidors (great & small) have a habit of
    keeping the cedar boxes if room allows. Paper boxes absorb humidity and may result
    in an unfavorable consistant reading on your hygrometer.

As for the cello, my experience is that when something comes individually wrapped for
    my use, it usually performs better if I only unwrapped at time "enjoyment".

Quote Originally Posted by AshLvr View Post
    Congratulations on your new humidor! As with many cigar issues - personal preferences
    always count first. Many of us who do own humidors (great & small) have a habit of
    keeping the cedar boxes if room allows. Paper boxes absorb humidity and may result
    in an unfavorable consistant reading on your hygrometer.

As for the cello, my experience is that when something comes individually wrapped for
    my use, it usually performs better if I only unwrapped at time "enjoyment".
    That is a great thing to know about the paper boxes... It makes sence but I didn't realize that they'd absorb the humidity... Thank you

Thread Information