Thread: what am I looking for?

1. Default what am I looking for?

I am confused as to what cigars i am looking for in a cigar i will like. I have tried several diffrent cigars and i seem to like only a few brands and types.Can you guys give me some tips on what to try based on what i have tried and liked?all the oily looking cigars I've tried have been nasty to me.
    Heres my list of cigars i like and dislike:

Liked:
    Fuente Chateau Fuente Sun Grown ( good but not my favorite)
    La flor Dominica primieme line ( very tasty and didnt leave me sick)
    Arturo Fuente Canones I believe (good but a little spicy, which might have been cause i was smoking it to fast)
    La Flor Dominica Double Ligero - Chisel Maduro (good flavor but way to strong for a biginer like me)
    Tatuaje Havana VI Artistas(very good)
    Fonseca Vintage Lonsdale (best flavor but couldn't be enjoyed cause it was plugged)

Disliked:
    Coronado Corona Especial by La Flor Dominicana ( strong and a strange flavor)
    Vista De Cuba
    La Flor Dominica Double Ligero - Chisel Maduro (I know i put it in the liked section but then again it wasn't good enough to say i didn't dislike it)
    There are more i think but i cant remember them all right now.

I'm not a big LFD of Fuente smoker so I can't help you much with recommendations based on your list, but, it looks like you stick to a very short list of brands. I'd say just branch out and start trying different brands. CAO makes quite a few in that Medium bodied range you seems to enjoy, Padilla does too, Rocky Patel, Torano, etc. I'd say just avoid maduros for a while until you figure out what you like and taste around. I hate to say this knowing your history with your local place, but a good way to start is just to walk into your B&M and ask what they suggest based on what you like.

... actually, have you done the newbie sampler yet? That might be a good way to taste around, jump in that and let the person you're dealing with know what kind of cigars you like.

3. Default

the truth is that i have to look to you guys to give me advice, because i think all the old guys just tell me what they think i want to hear. most of the ones ive tried and hated have been suggested to me.( except the double ligero) most of the ones that are a little strong the guy has told me it was a mild smoke. there has been one guy that has not let me down. he suggested the premium line and a. Fuentes. but the others are somewhat unsure about which ones are mild. they act sure of what there saying but they are usually wrong.

Blog Entries

If you are looking for mild smokes, I find these to be mild but flavorful.....now, the most important thing is I find them mild and flavorful....YMMV:
    Fonseca and Fonseca Vintage
    CAO Gold
    5 Vegas Gold
    Flor De Oliva Gold
    Montecristo White
    Gran Habano #1
    Ashton
    And you can always try a Macanudo.....mild without the pesky flavor.

I would highly suggest the newbie sampler.......explain what you want to whoever is helping you out, they'll set you up I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    And you can always try a Macanudo.....mild without the pesky flavor.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

one of the first cigars i had was the RP Connecticut and also the RyJ Reserva Real. Both are milder smokes, and i enjoyed em both.

This is in addition to what ashauler said. Of the ones I've smoked that he listed, they are all mild and flavorful sticks.

Thread Information