Thread: Camacho Limited Harvest Toro

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Camacho Limited Harvest Toro

Smoked this one over the holiday, thanks to a fantastic BOTL!! You know who you are, and my thanks again.

This is a limited production cigar and I have read statements to the effect that only 50,000 of these were produced. I have also seen where others say that they aren't as rare as that, but I have only found a couple of retailers (online) that have them listed as in stock, and have not seen them at any b/m's in my area.

The cigar is very nice looking with minimal veining and just a couple of sun-spots. The construction appears to be very good, with uniform give when lightly squeezed. I expected, and received, a slightly looser draw than I normally prefer, but again, that is typical Camacho and in no way detracted from my enjoyment of this smoke.

Cut and light were uneventful and she took off with ample clouds of smoke. Initial tastes were of spice and earth.....perhaps some leather thrown in. Very pleasureable mouth feel to the smoke, very creamy and man, there was just a ton of smoke produced both on the draw and at the rest. The aroma was very nice, the wife enjoyed it also, which is always a plus.

After the first third, the earth and spice slid a little to the background and the leathery/woody flavor began to dominate......but the spice remained on the finish for quite some time. This is a smoke that you will definitely need a drink to accompany as the finish is, imho, long and dry.

At about the mid-point of the smoke, the flavors started to mingle very nicely, I tasted some coffee notes and the earthiness picked up again while the leather/spice remained on the finish. The burn was somewhat erratic, but I never had to touch it up as it self-corrected nicely.

In the last third the strength picked up a bit, but still remained in the med to med/full category to me. Definitely full flavored though. I nubbed this one!! This was a very interesting and enjoyable smoke......I'm gonna have to search some of these out.

You Lucky Dog - Good review - Makes me want one too.

Nice ash. Thanks.

the list keeps growing...

I obtained one of these a few months back. Guess I best get to smoking it.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Very nice!!!

Thread Information