Thread: Oliva Serie V Lancero

Default Oliva Serie V Lancero

So last night was my 21st birthday, and i was celebrating by enjoying a few cigars on the porch with my friends. To kick the night off i had a Oliva Serie V Lancero. Upon the opening light i got mostly tobacco, but undertones of leather. By about halfway however, i could only taste leather. It was literally like chewing rawhide. The cigar then proceeded to stay that way till the end leaving a poor after taste in my mouth. this cigar did not do it for me at all, which was dissapointing considering the rave reviews it gets on here. Maybe i got a bad one. I also had a guinness draught from the bottle with t, and being as i had only ever had 2-5 beers in my life prior to yesterday i was just noticing more the beer than the cigar, as i wasn't a huge fan of the brew either. Anyways has anybody else had his experience with the V series? Anyways the night ended well, with an Oliva Serie G (current all time favorite) and a can of strongbow dry cider (absolutely amazing!)
    Mark 8:36

Happy birthday!

I've not had that experience at all with the Lancero (or any size of the V). It could be that it just didn't pair well with your Guinness. By the way, next time you reach for Guinness stay away from the bottle - the can is MUCH better.

Blog Entries

I've found that the V gets better with some age, but its still a good smoke for me just about any time. It could be that the profile just isn't your cup of tea at the moment.......let another one sit for a while and come back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by rball5 View Post
    Happy birthday!

I've not had that experience at all with the Lancero (or any size of the V). It could be that it just didn't pair well with your Guinness. By the way, next time you reach for Guinness stay away from the bottle - the can is MUCH better.
    I do think the pairing had something to do with it. To me the Guinness was pretty much like drinking black coffee, and lately black coffee has been making me sick so i think i may have just associated the flavor with being sick. anyways i think i will let one sit for a while i mean it couldn't hurt, and my local B&M has these guys in all the vitolas for a pretty decent price.
    Mark 8:36

Default oliva v lancero

received one of these in a trade. I was impressed, then again oliva has not really let me down yet. They do have some lower line families that are just ok. like the olor, oliveros and flor de oliva. The oliva v,s,g and o are some of my favorites. I have only had a few lanceros. this one I would definitely smoke again

Thread Information