Thread: Hello and Into From SC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool Hello and Into From SC

Hey Guys!

I have been browsing around on this site for a few weeks and I have decided to join and introduce myself.

My name is Travis and I am a photographer in upstate, SC. Been married 5 years and have a wonderful 2 year old boy.

I enjoyed some good sticks in college with some friends on my hall.. However I have had my head out of the "smoke" for a while now and I am looking to get back into it.

Purchased a small humidor 50-75 ct. some beads.. now I need some sticks.. I am thinking of checking the newbie exchange if its still going on.

I lookfoward to speaking with you and "mooching" your knowledge.. I promise I wont ask for free ISOMs.

I do have a question...
    How Many of you enjoy our common intrest of But Hate Cigarettes??? Just a thought?

Thanks and Take Care!

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum, you seem to have things figured out already :-)

Personally I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke. I grew up around cigars, so I sort of developed a liking to the smell from a very young age.

I have a big problem with some of the local bars, they let you smoke cigarettes inside, but don't let you light up a cigar. I tend to boycott those establishments.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Welcome from Kansas. I'll respond to your survey.
    As a former 2 pack a day cig smoker.......I don't hate them, or anyone who smokes them. Cigars taste and smell better though for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    I have a big problem with some of the local bars, they let you smoke cigarettes inside, but don't let you light up a cigar. I tend to boycott those establishments.
    I agree. Thanks for the welcome(s)!!

Welcome from south Louisiana.

Sorry, but I'm a cigerette and cigar smoker.

Rich

Another welcome from Southern Louisiana!

I personally don't hate cigarettes, I just don't see the lure to them. The first couple of cigarettes I could see someone enjoying from the nicotine rush, but with such a high risk of a chemical addiction to them... What's the point? Not to mention I've never even heard a cigar smoker light up and go "Wow this taste delicious." It's just some monster they have to feed.

Each cigar has a bit of a personality of its own, and the really good ones are linked with great memories for a lot of people, not to mention a wonderful taste and aroma

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNBLAZE View Post
    Welcome from south Louisiana.

Sorry, but I'm a cigerette and cigar smoker.

Rich
    You can't be serious?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDubya View Post
    You can't be serious?
    Hey, I was one of those for awhile.......

9. Default

I live in downstate NC,near Pageland. We have a group that meets in Charlotte . If you are interested in meeting a great bunch of guys LMK. Welcome to CS
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    I live in downstate NC,near Pageland. We have a group that meets in Charlotte . If you are interested in meeting a great bunch of guys LMK. Welcome to CS

Seriously?

I grew up between pageland and lancaster... I think that would be a cool idea.

Let me know when your next meet is and I would like to come.

Thanks,

Travis

Welcome, from another newbie.

To asnwer your question - I never have, and never will like cigarettes. I enjoy cigars but I can't handle really strong ones very well.
    ~PackinHeat~

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. "
    -Thomas Jefferson

I smoke cigarettes for about 10 years but started hating the taste of them this past summer. I still found myself smoking due to the "habit" of it and not so much the addiction. When I began smoking cigars I was able to kick the habit completely. Been off cigarettes for a little over 2 months now. CIGARS HELPED ME QUIT! Another reason to love cigars.

Welcome from NY.

Blog Entries

Welcome from central Oregon.

I smoked cigarettes for 17 years before quitting on my 30th birthday. Picked up cigars and now smoke with much less frequency than I ever smoked cigarettes. IMHO, I find cigarettes lack the taste I get from a cigar, and in the last couple of years have definitely noticed the distinct scent of each.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

As a former cigarette smoker, I don't dislike the smell of it. I'll occasionally have one here and there. But I would prefer to have a cigar instead. By the way, i never understood why some places allow cigarettes but not cigars. It's still smoke, aint it? I avoid those types of places as well.

P.S. Welcome to the board.

Thread Information