Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Discussion of Ownership Update

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Another member of the "Pink is Pretty club"......whaddya say sarge, should we let Dennis in? I'll have to send out another newsletter and all.....
    ... is this a stepping stone to the A.O.D.?
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

One thing I would like to ask of the community is to try to keep things civil here regarding this matter. In no way, shape or form do I want this to become a slamming ground towards Jon or others involved in his business transactions. Like I mentioned in the announcement, we decided to amend our contract on a good terms, and I would like to keep it that way.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Damn, 'spose you'll want in the club too......geesh, the distribution list for the newsletter is gettin' out of control.
    I've been banned on CL for ages.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    One thing I would like to ask of the community is to try to keep things civil here regarding this matter. In no way, shape or form do I want this to become a slamming ground towards Jon or others involved in his business transactions. Like I mentioned in the announcement, we decided to amend our contract on a good terms, and I would like to keep it that way.
    Point taken...I'll STFU. I'm just glad things are getting back to normal.

Blog Entries

I'll also STFU... for now, but if someone starts crapping up the cigar community....

Sorry if I posted out of line.

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Gotcha.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Blog Entries

Its all good! I just wanted to make sure things don't start getting out of control.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Put me on the STFU train as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    ... is this a stepping stone to the A.O.D.?
    Sorry bro, that club is closed!!

Blog Entries

I understand

~ Col. Sanders ~

~ ashauler ~

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    Yes, I removed the caminoviejo banner ad a few weeks ago. I wanted to see how the direct link was affecting some search engine rankings.

I thought they were referring to the Yahoo Text Link ad banner that was at the top till last week.
    Shows how much attention I've been paying.

I just figured ordering from your store would be a way to help support you/this site (caminoviejo.com is yours, right?). I found the link in your profile & I'm looking to see if I've got room for something in the humi.

12. Default

I'm far from a regular here, so I may have no right to post on the subject. But I have been following the threads on various boards relating to Mr. Caputo's purchases and attempted purchases with great interest.

Moments ago I checked the member list here because I wanted to find all posts by joncaputo. It appears that, now that the sale has been called off, he longer had sufficient interest in this forum to keep his membership. I believe that it would have been a simple matter to remove his Admin status and give him registered member status.

No axe to grind here, I just don't think his primary interest was "community" oriented at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rball5 View Post
    I just figured ordering from your store would be a way to help support you/this site
    I was under this impression as well. Correct?

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

I don't post here very often, but I do check in several times during the week. I don't want to say anything bad about any person or any other site, but my pride of being a member of this board and the respect for those here has more than doubled this week.
    Believe Dat!

biggysmalls Guest

Default interesting read..

[QUOTE]Hi everyone.

As you know I have recently purchased CigarLive.com. As promised Daniel, myself, and all of the moderators/admins here would like to, in an effort of full disclosure, clue you in to the future CigarLive. I am honored to point out that all of the mods/admins for CigarLive are onboard with this game plan and will be coming along for the ride and retaining their mod/admin powers. For clarity reasons I have put together the follow FAQ which hopefully will answer many of the questions you may have. And any questions it does not answer we will respond to as soon as possible but first I would like to share my vision with you.

I love cigars. It is a passion of mine and has been for over 5 years. Cigars help me relax, cigars help me think, cigars and friends and football make me happy. Cigars allow me to ensure long spousal conversations that I might not normally be able to endure. I see this as an opportunity to do what I love, do what has never been done before, and hopefully make it into a successful business as well.

If we are able to be part of the largest cigar social site on the planet it will enable us to do things that apart would not be achievable. For instance - create an annual charity poker tournament. Perhaps we can partner with a couple of cigar companies to sponsor a herf in Iraq or Afghanistan for our troops. Being able to build a singular voice may enable us to receive membership discounts on cigar product from various vendors. We may be able to do an annual cigar members conference. In addition to all of that a number of members have mentioned to me the ability to start a cigar advocacy group whose voice can be heard and respected. I believe we will have the ability to do all of those things and more if we can come together in a strong, powerful, and coordinated way and everyone will win.

Below is a list of Q/A I put together. If there are any questions you have that are not covered below (and I am betting there will be!) please post them and I would ask for your patience as it is my intention to respond to each and every question.

Q: I heard you recently bought a bunch of sites. Which sites did you buy?

A: This is true. I have purchased CigarLive.com, ClubStogie.com, Cigar-Review.com, Top25cigar.com

Q: I thought you also purchased Cigarsmokers.com. Did you?

A: I had initial intensions of purchasing Cigarsmokers - however the deal has fallen apart. As a result I do NOT own Cigarsmokers.com and will not own Cigarsmokers.com

Q: So what exactly are your plans?

A: We are starting a new consolidated network of cigar sites under one name calling it PUFF.COM. On the home page of Puff.com we will be putting together a compilation of the best off all of the sites. We will have cigar reviews, video, blogs, podcasts, newsletters, a top25 section, a lifestyle section, interviews, and anything else that makes sense and is interesting. We are also open to any ideas you may have. We will also have a central location called forums.puff.com where all of the above mentioned forums will be merged.

Q: But what about all my posts, my post count, my friend network, my awards, my settings, etc

A: We are going to do our best to bring over ALL of that data so NONE of it will be lost.

Q: What about my name? What if someone has the same name on one of the other forums?

A: In an effort of fairness -any- duplicate names will be changed to reflect the board from which you came IE the handle MRCIGAR exists on all 3 forums. Each person would have their name changed to MRCIGAR-CR (cigar review) MRCIGAR-CS (club stogie) MRCIGAR-CL (cigar live) - this will happen automagically.

Q: But I don’t want to be merged into a big forum. I like things the way they are and do not want any change! I like the friends and relationships on have on THIS board and don’t want to be forced to interact with others outside of my forum.

A: I understand and can appreciate your concerns. As a result here is what we will be doing. We will have our general cigar topics on forums.puff.com - all posts will be moved there. BUT we will be creating a 'clubhouse' for each individual forum. ONLY people who have come from that forum will have permission to see/post in the clubhouse. Existing mods/admins from each forum will continue to mod/admin their respective clubhouses as well as Puff.com. View the clubhouse as a sanctuary and more like a mini forum. You will gain access to the clubhouse by visiting the main page of forums.puff.com and you will see a forum called CIGAR LIVE CLUBHOUSE.

Q: What kind of topics will we have in our clubhouse?

A: Whatever you want. We want to avoid a lot of duplication - for instance if the main forums.puff.com has a section called Cigar Reviews we would want all of the posts dealing with cigar reviews to go there and not in 4 different places. However if you wanted a special HERF section for your clubhouse/board, a general place to discuss anything general cigar related, sports, whatever all of those are fine and we will set them up for you.

Q: What if I don’t want to be involved in the Puff.com community at all? Do I have to?

A: No. You don’t. You can simply participate in your clubhouse from your forum and if you decide to venture outside of that forum
    you can do that on your own terms.

Q: Who will the moderator/admins be for the new forums.puff.com?

A: All existing mods/admins of CigarLive, Clubstogie, and Cigar-Review have agreed to continue in their roles as mods/admins. It will be a joint collaborative effort.

Q: When is all of this happening?

A: Most likely before the year is out - could be in a month or two. We have plenty of technical issues we need to address in order to make it happen and to ensure everything works smooth out of the box.

Q: Will there be a PAID member area of the forum?

A: The entire forum will be open and free to everyone. We may have a paid membership section for things like special
    discounts from vendors, sponsors, discounts on conferences and magazines and such but that would be the extent of it. If you have already paid for membership on CigarLive that paid membership will move over to Puff.com

Q: What about forum rules? We have different rules here than the other forums do.

A: Mod teams from all forums will be getting together to discuss a combination of all of the rules from all 3 forums. It is my greatest hope that we will be able to take what makes each forum great and combine all of those strengths. It will take a collaborative effort on the part of the mods/admins/ and most importantly YOU for this to succeed.

16. Default

Bigpoppapuff posted a borg assimilation statement from jon caputo on Snobs. Quite an interesting read. We did good to not be a part of it
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Bigpoppapuff posted a borg assimilation statement from jon caputo on Snobs. Quite an interesting read. We did good to not be a part of it
    That post is here, http://www.cigarsnobs.com/forum/inde...74&#entry37574, looks like we really dodged a bullet here.

I wonder how long it'll take before someone starts up pufflive, clubpuff and puff-review to get those communities back.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Blog Entries

I just skimmed over Mr. Caputo's plan for the assimilated cigar boards.... I can't say this enough.... THANK YOU FOR TERMINATING THIS AGREEMENT.

I may start a pool on how long this puff.com idea lasts

~ Col. Sanders ~

~ ashauler ~

Stogie members seem to be OK with it for the most part.........so far. The Live members are not taking so well. Very happy Smokers is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by rball5 View Post
    I just figured ordering from your store would be a way to help support you/this site (caminoviejo.com is yours, right?).
    If the site is yours, could you set something up to buy less than entire boxes? I'd love to be able to help the site by ordering from you, but fitting a box into a college budget is a bit rough

Thread Information