Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Discussion of Ownership Update

Quote Originally Posted by pub spears View Post
    Stogie members seem to be OK with it for the most part.........so far. The Live members are not taking so well. Very happy Smokers is safe.
    That's strange, from what I saw, it looked the opposite. From skimming the main threads on each, it seemed like more of the mods were ok with it on LIVE, which I would find somewhat uncomforting if I was as active member of LIVE as I used to be, but I'll admit, I didn't read each and every post.
    Believe Dat!

Quote Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
    That's strange, from what I saw, it looked the opposite. From skimming the main threads on each, it seemed like more of the mods were ok with it on LIVE, which I would find somewhat uncomforting if I was as active member of LIVE as I used to be, but I'll admit, I didn't read each and every post.
    I agree with Pub Spears on this only because the culture at CL is one where you don't normally see much complaining. I think the relative number of people posting concerns there tells a lot.

Just a thought: I posted at CL for a pretty good while, but left a few months ago... not because of the people there but more because of the direction the board seemed to be taking. Without passing any judgment, I'll just say it wasn't my style. I think we're going to see a number of new people show up here from all of the forums that are being consolidated. Let me say that, in my opinion, there are lots of good people on other boards. If they are coming here from somewhere else, it means they are leaving for a reason. I'd like to think that when they do show up we give them a chance without criticizing them because they happened to be on another board. The asshats and freeloaders will show themselves soon enough, but I think we will probably see a lot of good people come into the mix.
    Last edited by Shelby07; 10-10-2008 at 06:51 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alcibiates View Post
    If the site is yours, could you set something up to buy less than entire boxes? I'd love to be able to help the site by ordering from you, but fitting a box into a college budget is a bit rough
    Check these out.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
    If you check the portal page over there, you'll find a 24 hr old Caputo thread with 370 replies and 4700 views. I only read a few pages in the middle, but it was mostly negative and coming from established members and statesmen.

I read more on Stogie, I guess because I read more comments of the distain there it made me think otherwise. No matter what, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.
    Believe Dat!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    I agree with Pub Spears on this only because the culture at CL is one where you don't normally see much complaining. I think the relative number of people posting concerns there tells a lot.

Just a thought: I posted at CL for a pretty good while, but left a few months ago... not because of the people there but more because of the direction the board seemed to be taking. Without passing any judgment, I'll just say it wasn't my style. I think we're going to see a number of new people show up here from all of the forums that are being consolidated. Let me say that, in my opinion, there are lots of good people on other boards. If they are coming here from somewhere else, it means they are leaving for a reason. I'd like to think that when they do show up we give them a chance without criticizing them because they happened to be on another board.
    The asshats and freeloaders will show themselves soon enough, but I think we will probably see a lot of good people come into the mix.
    ...need not apply here...

That's because it gets deleted before you get a chance to see it.

Just a thought: I posted at CL for a pretty good while, but left a few months ago... not because of the people there but more because of the direction the board seemed to be taking. Without passing any judgment, I'll just say it wasn't my style. I think we're going to see a number of new people show up here from all of the forums that are being consolidated. Let me say that, in my opinion, there are lots of good people on other boards. If they are coming here from somewhere else, it means they are leaving for a reason. I'd like to think that when they do show up we give them a chance without criticizing them because they happened to be on another board. The asshats and freeloaders will show themselves soon enough, but I think we will probably see a lot of good people come into the mix.
    Good points Mark. Lots of good BOTL left that board that are members here. There is no reason we shouldn't welcome them here just because it took them a little longer to see the writing on the wall. We know who most of the asshats are anyway. The rest will show their true colors very quickly I suspect, given the nature of this board.

Maybe we should start a "puff.com refugee intro" thread so we can kinda keep them quarantined and keep an eye on them.

Blog Entries

I don't think we'll have much trouble weeding out the asshats/mooches and trolls........there are enough members here with the proper qualifications to point them out.

Hey guys. Been a while since I posted, but I usually check in a couple times a week. Glad this place isn't going anywhere.

Thread Information