Thread: Gurkha Coffee

Default Gurkha Coffee

Has anyone tried this? Coffee is another addiction of mine and I enjoy these cigars so I'm going to order some beans.

Did you ever order any Gurkha coffee beans? I always wondered how they were as well.

Not yet. I'm pretty stocked up on beans. When I start running low, I'm going to try some. My local lounge sells it. I'll let you know when I try it.

Sweet! What kind of coffee do you normally drink? My cigar guru usually likes to have some cafe con leche with a stogie after a nice dinner. I would do it more often but usually the caffeine kicks me in the b**** and I can't sleep through the night. Any good brands you recommend?

This sounds promising. I just did a search for Gurkha coffee and found a special that gets you a pound of the coffee free with the purchase of a humidor. Seeing as how my humidor is kinda on the shitty side, I may order that.

I had the strangest thing happen last night.. Made myself a great big mug of cappuccino to go with my after dinner cigar last night, and about ten minutes after finishing it, I fell asleep...
    I have made it a rule never to smoke more that one cigar at a time.
    Mark Twain

The gurkha maduro XO blend is not bad at all. Way over priced but good coffee.

I only paid half of the amount they normally go for so it made it ok. Much better than the typical supermarket varieties.

Anyone had both the Gurkha and Killer Beans?

Jerry is my go-to coffee guy when I run out of beans I brought back from "the island".
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

I have had both and continue to have both. They are just very different coffees. Jerry's coffee I grind in house so it is super fresh and to my partuclar grind setting.

The gurkha is preground, unless they have beans now, so I can't choose my cut. THe gurkha I always made in a french press vs my drip machine with the jerry's. I guess I have a hard comparison.

Truthfully I would probably stick with Jerry's just due to the cost of the Gurkha coffee. THey are both good though.

Now that I just rambled I probably did not help you one bit...hahaha oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Silencei2 View Post
    Sweet! What kind of coffee do you normally drink? My cigar guru usually likes to have some cafe con leche with a stogie after a nice dinner. I would do it more often but usually the caffeine kicks me in the b**** and I can't sleep through the night. Any good brands you recommend?
    For french press and drip, I drink Wallenford Estate- Jamaican Blue Mountain(have about 4lbs left) and Koa- Kona Coffee(have a little more then a lb.). For espresso I use Illy. When I'm not at home I've been known to go to D&D 2 or 3 times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    I have had both and continue to have both. They are just very different coffees. Jerry's coffee I grind in house so it is super fresh and to my partuclar grind setting.

The gurkha is preground, unless they have beans now, so I can't choose my cut. THe gurkha I always made in a french press vs my drip machine with the jerry's. I guess I have a hard comparison.

Truthfully I would probably stick with Jerry's just due to the cost of the Gurkha coffee. THey are both good though.

Now that I just rambled I probably did not help you one bit...hahaha oh well.
    Oh, it's pre-ground? That makes my decision for me. Maybe a bit snobbish, but I prefer grinding my own fresh each time. Thanks for the info.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    Oh, it's pre-ground? That makes my decision for me. Maybe a bit snobbish, but I prefer grinding my own fresh each time. Thanks for the info.
    The only Gurkha coffee that comes whole bean, that I can find, is the Regent Italian Espresso.
    I want to try that and the XO maduro blend. Even though its ground, it would be fine for drip for me.

El Mejor Espresso cigars has whole bean. I thought it was fine, but most of it went to latte/cinos. I like the cigars with morning coffee this time of year. Just age em for several months and I think they make a good, cheap, pressed bundle stick.
    Last edited by pub spears; 12-03-2008 at 05:45 PM. Reason: can't spell morning

Tried the Gurkha maduro coffee blend a while back and did not care for it. The wife ended up throwing it out...
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Quote Originally Posted by pub spears View Post
    El Mejor Espresso cigars has whole bean. I thought it was fine, but most of it went to latte/cinos. I like the cigars with morning coffee this time of year. Just age em for several months and I think they make a good, cheap, pressed bundle stick.
    Are you talking about cigars or coffee beans? I can't tell

I actually helped you out with m y rambling. Very nice!

Thread Information