Thread: Intro from probably the first of a few stray sheep

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Red face Intro from probably the first of a few stray sheep

Hi.

My real name is craig. On forums where "craig" is taken, I use "baldheadracing," and that is my name on CigarLive. I used to post there quite a bit until I got a bad taste in my mouth for making comments about a company's marketing in the spring.

I recently started posting at CigarLive more often, but then the sale happened. That prompted me to look at the reaction on other cigar forums. After doing some reading, I realized that my posts from the spring - which were inocuous - had been deleted. Then there was this stuff about Rod from CP, which didn't make sense to me. (I am not on CP.) Finally, puff.com was announced yesterday. That switched me from wait-and-see to posting that I was bailing. I bear no animosity to Daniel or Jon, I just know that I don't want to be on puff.com

So I'm here. As I started smoking cigars less than a year ago, I have little of substance to contribute to this forum's focus and will generally lurk, and hopefully learn.

On to the next!
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Hi Craig - I think many people here know how you are feeling. While there are a lot of good people over at CL, I stopped posting there a while back because I didn't agree with some things I saw there, as did several folks here.

Welcome.

hi craig. what have you been smoking lately?
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Blog Entries

Welcome to the community craig!
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

welcome from NY.

Welcome from a halfhour west of you
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Welcome to the board Craig, glad to have you.

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    I bear no animosity to Daniel or Jon
    It's okay not to bear any animosity, I just hope you understand all that is wrong with the way these two guys operate and understand that we don't tolerate their kind of deceptive scumbag behaviour here on CSmokers.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Blog Entries

Welcome Craig, to cigarsmokers, from central Oregon.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Welcome to CSmokers!

Welcome from Utah, Craig!

I tried to reply to the big Caputo/puff.com thread yesterday with no luck. Password has been scrambled or something too. Oh well. I am sure my post would have been quickly deleted anyway
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Hey, Craig. Welcome from (my last day in) Mississippi.

I hope you enjoy your stay here.

We won't play "jokes" on your password.

Blog Entries

Arrow

Thanks again for all the kind welcomes!

Just wanted to respond to the sentiment quoted first below, and similar thoughts from others. I am not trying/will never try to persuade anyone to change their opinion of CL, but I thought it best to put my stance out in the open right now. Normally I would not do this as a third post.

<long-winded mode on - skip ahead if desired>

I'm not someone who judges people. People operate differently, and, by extension, can have different values. Behaviour in one forum is a breach of ethics elsewhere. Every community has rules. Some are written, many are unwritten. Some rules one agrees with; others one does not. Some rules can be bent, others are in stone.

I've only heard of Jon Caputo for a short period:
    - he has a double-door display humidor, heavy on Fuente IIRC;
    - he and his wife enjoyed their first cigar event (Padilla Miami opening); and
    - he and his wife are successful Web 2.0 entrepreneurs, and work as a team.
    So I presume that they have to adjust to the communities that have been purchased. He does appear to be a quick study.

As for Daniel Lopez, again, I have a different perspective. When I joined CigarLive, I thought that CL was a commercial enterprise owned and operated by Daniel for profit; that it was a happy, friendly, place; that unhappiness or unfriendliness to fellow members was not welcome, was against the rules, and would be dealt with one way or another; and that companies/sponsors were fellow members of CL, so it had to be a happy, friendly, place for them.

I went into CL presuming that; I come here assuming that this a different world; one that was puffed, but quickly exhaled by mutual agreement. One where people have strong opinions of CL, born out of their experiences, and their expectations. I form my opinions of CL based on my limited experiences and expectations. The two opinions are not going to be the same.

<long-winded mode off>

I don't have anything of value to add about puff.com or its management. Daniel has responded to me that all accounts will be moved over, so I do expect to be able to sign on and see the place. Jon Caputo has promised a privacy policy, and I'll have a look at that.

That's all I want to say about CL/Puff for a while, except to acknowledge that:

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU View Post
    ... I just hope you understand all that is wrong with the way these two guys operate and understand that we don't tolerate their kind of deceptive scumbag behaviour here on CSmokers.
    I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashauler View Post
    Read around the board and get a feel for how things are done here as it is nothing like what you are used to at CL.
    With this post made, that's the plan.
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Thanks again for all the kind welcomes!

Just wanted to respond to the sentiment quoted first below, and similar thoughts from others. I am not trying/will never try to persuade anyone to change their opinion of CL, but I thought it best to put my stance out in the open right now. Normally I would not do this as a third post.

<long-winded mode on - skip ahead if desired>

I'm not someone who judges people. People operate differently, and, by extension, can have different values. Behaviour in one forum is a breach of ethics elsewhere. Every community has rules. Some are written, many are unwritten. Some rules one agrees with; others one does not. Some rules can be bent, others are in stone.

I've only heard of Jon Caputo for a short period:
    - he has a double-door display humidor, heavy on Fuente IIRC;
    - he and his wife enjoyed their first cigar event (Padilla Miami opening); and
    - he and his wife are successful Web 2.0 entrepreneurs, and work as a team.
    So I presume that they have to adjust to the communities that have been purchased. He does appear to be a quick study.

As for Daniel Lopez, again, I have a different perspective. When I joined CigarLive, I thought that CL was a commercial enterprise owned and operated by Daniel for profit; that it was a happy, friendly, place; that unhappiness or unfriendliness to fellow members was not welcome, was against the rules, and would be dealt with one way or another; and that companies/sponsors were fellow members of CL, so it had to be a happy, friendly, place for them.

I went into CL presuming that; I come here assuming that this a different world; one that was puffed, but quickly exhaled by mutual agreement. One where people have strong opinions of CL, born out of their experiences, and their expectations. I form my opinions of CL based on my limited experiences and expectations. The two opinions are not going to be the same.

<long-winded mode off>

I don't have anything of value to add about puff.com or its management. Daniel has responded to me that all accounts will be moved over, so I do expect to be able to sign on and see the place. Jon Caputo has promised a privacy policy, and I'll have a look at that.

That's all I want to say about CL/Puff for a while, except to acknowledge that:

I understand.

With this post made, that's the plan.
    Ok, first, welcome to CSmokers.

Second, this post doesn't make much sense to me. You don't have to justify your membership on another board. If you anticipate catching a ration of shit for being a member, and by association, supporting a place like CL, well you might catch that shit. Or maybe not. Values and opinions are not synonymous. I might have an opinion that is the polar opposite from that of another, but our values line up perfectly. If you feel like you have to let us all know how the puff pulse is beating, then post away. Your posts will not be deleted, but you will be held accountable for them.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Welcome from Idaho.
    ~PackinHeat~

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. "
    -Thomas Jefferson

Welcome from Central Texas

Welcome to the forum from Iowa
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Thread Information