Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Who wants to do a Box Pass?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    All three of us are in the same zone, right, NJ, Ct. and NH.

Lets go with what the watch says.. and that is.. help me out here Bill.
    We are but George is in the Central time zone and not all areas in the Eastern time zone observe Daylight Saving Time so the proper way is to specify it when you pick a time, either 3:30 EDT or 3:30 EST which is and hour after 3:30 EDT. I did ask twice and it's not as simple as you all think.

CLICK HERE to see how much of a mess this can be.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    We are but George is in the Central time zone and not all areas in the Eastern time zone observe Daylight Saving Time so the proper way is to specify it when you pick a time, either 3:30 EDT or 3:30 EST which is and hour after 3:30 EDT. I did ask twice and it's not as simple as you all think.

CLICK HERE to see how much of a mess this can be.

Yeah I've never been to good with that. I just go here http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/cgi-bin/timer.pl and set my watch and go. According to the navy I'm on EDT so I'll stick with that. I do see how this could be a problem.

Well I lost anyway so I don't care anymore.

8/25/05 @ 6:01pm CDT

Thanks for being bullied into the contest George!

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

5. Default

8/25/05 4:45pm CET

Grandpa is hidding. I saw him over at CP and he didn't even come over here to do his pick in the Cigar Draft.

What, I haven't sent out enough cigars to you mooching bastids???? Sheeessshhhh.....

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    What, I haven't sent out enough cigars to you mooching bastids???? Sheeessshhhh.....

Who us????

I'm highly offended. I think you should send us some more cigars to make up for this.

Anyone what to see an up to date list of the Takes & Puts? CC?

10. Default

So whens this lottery happening...I can only pee my pants in the pee-pee dance so many times...

Blog Entries

The pass has one more stop in New Hampshire then it's back home to me
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

12. Default

Don't forget our deal CC

Ok my new george time is 5:45
    Last edited by nhcigarfan; 08-26-2005 at 04:45 PM.

Pass arrived today about 5 mins. before this post. I'll bring it home tonight figure out my P+T's and post my list. If all checks out it's back to you CC.

ok - scratch that. Diesel filled me in that I'm doing this wrong. Sorry, first time with a pass. I'll go through the box again tonight .
    Last edited by nhcigarfan; 08-30-2005 at 09:41 AM.

16. Default

Just out of curiosity and nothing more, what was it your were doing?

Quote Originally Posted by hortsch
    Just out of curiosity and nothing more, what was it your were doing?
    Basically I was figuring the price total of the cigars I wanted then using what I had to equal the price. I figured the cigars I wanted total about 38 bucks and the cigars I was putting in totaled around 40.

This is an incorrect process. What I should be concerned with is quality = quality, not $ = $

So tonight I'm go back through the box and do it on a quality = quality standard.

Blog Entries

Excellent!! Thank you Diesel Grinch for giving nhcigarfan the heads up and thank you nhcigarfan for saying "Oh, okay, I'm new to this whole pass thing so I'll re-do my P/T's"

All of this happened without any bad blood or hurt feelings which is the way it should be. Unfortunately this is NOT always the case. If I had some time, I'd dig up some classics from CigarPass where a buncha grown men act like six year olds (and I'm not counting me out of that group either )

Thanks again to everyone
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Ok here goes - let me know if this works

Perdomo Estate Selection Aristocrat Nat for the Monti White #2

Perdomo 2 torpedo Mad for the Griffin Robusto

Monti Afrique Jambo for the Astral

There may be a late addition.

I may be getting a couple of Perdomo Edicion de Silvio Double Corona's today. That is if DHL's estimated delivery date is correct. If so I'll trade one of those for the 1926 if that's alright with the rest of you.

Thread Information