Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Who wants to do a Box Pass?

put LFD double ligero especial, take opus x perfection #5

put padron 1964 superior, take punch petite corona ISOM (ok?)

put RP edge maduro torpedo, take sherpa mystic

put camacho diploma maduro, take calos torano cameroon 1916

give me an ok, and it'll be on it's way

Quote Originally Posted by Drake

Looks good to me . . .but then again what do I know
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

I'm back and ready to play. Still see that there are a few more people to go to me. Any one going to post an up todate list of cigars?

Drake - you should probably talk to the pass host in PM about suggested puts/takes, just to make sure he's okay with them before you send this off.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    Drake - you should probably talk to the pass host in PM about suggested puts/takes, just to make sure he's okay with them before you send this off.
    yeah, i'm waiting to send it off for a reply. i just posted them here as he stated in post #3 of this thread. i gathered from that post that all participants should approve of my p/t's. he's been online since i've posted those. but, if this is something that should be done in a pm, (i'm guessing because there's something wrong with my p/t's) couldn't he just pm me a reply to my post? am i doing something wrong? if there is a problem with my p/t's in any of the participant's opinion, please let me know so that i can modify my p/t's if needed and send the box on its way.

The above is my only question. I might be wrong but isn't the padron 1964 superior a none havana? If so you shouldn't trade it for a havana even if it's worth more. That's the only thing I saw but I don't know jack about cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Grinch
    The above is my only question. I might be wrong but isn't the padron 1964 superior a none havana? If so you shouldn't trade it for a havana even if it's worth more. That's the only thing I saw but I don't know jack about cigars.
    that is what i think it might be, but the reason i thought it'd be ok is what CC posted:
    Most of those Havanas I started with really are NOT that expensive so IMO an equally priced domestic is a fair exchange.
    and the msrp of that padron is about $7, i believe. i'm new to all this as well. that's why i asked the question i did at the beginning of the thread. and i chose these p/t's based on the answer i recieved from the host. sorry, if this is holding up the pass. i'm just waiting for a yay or nay from CC and i'll change my p/t's or send the box with the p/t's i've stated.

Blog Entries

I don't have a problem with the Padron 1964 for the Punch PC because of the statement I posted that Drake cited, I think it's a fair exchange. I guess my only question is that is the PAM Superior a natural or a maduro? Either way it's worth a couple of bucks more than the Punch PC so I'd say it's a fair trade.

However the LFD for the Opux X has me wondering. I could not find an LFD Double Ligero Especial therefore, I don't know what the price of that cigar is. The Opus X Perfecxion #5 is a $9.00 cigar.

Can you tell us EXACTLY what kind of LFD that cigar is?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    I don't have a problem with the Padron 1964 for the Punch PC because of the statement I posted that Drake cited, I think it's a fair exchange. I guess my only question is that is the PAM Superior a natural or a maduro? Either way it's worth a couple of bucks more than the Punch PC so I'd say it's a fair trade.

However the LFD for the Opux X has me wondering. I could not find an LFD Double Ligero Especial therefore, I don't know what the price of that cigar is. The Opus X Perfecxion #5 is a $9.00 cigar.

Can you tell us EXACTLY what kind of LFD that cigar is?
    it's a double ligero especiales with the pigtail cap. it sells for about 7.50-8. this is the only place online i've seen them: http://www.jackschwartz.com/products...PageID=limited i though the perfecxion #5 was a $7.50 cigar based on: http://www.cigarweekly.com/cigardb/b...measc&Origin=0. sorry if i was mistaken.

the padron is a maduro.

Blog Entries

Actually, you're right Drake about the Perfecxion #5, my mistake The MSRP is indeed $7.50, I took the price from my personal inventory and I had paid $9.00 for it which DOES NOT mean it's a nine dollar cigar, it's a $7.50 cigar

I would say we are set to go especially since the PAM is a maduro which according to Famous-Smoke is a $9.30 cigar

I say send it off unless anyone else has any additional thoughts.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    Actually, you're right Drake about the Perfecxion #5, my mistake The MSRP is indeed $7.50, I took the price from my personal inventory and I had paid $9.00 for it which DOES NOT mean it's a nine dollar cigar, it's a $7.50 cigar

I would say we are set to go especially since the PAM is a maduro which according to Famous-Smoke is a $9.30 cigar

I say send it off unless anyone else has any additional thoughts.
    sounds good. i won't be able to send it today. too much work. i won't be getting out of the office for lunch. i'll have it out tomorrow. thanks for letting me play!

coming at ya, hex

0305 0830 0002 3583 9890

Blog Entries

Damn, I guess I missed the post where It was heading my way. The runner comes up with a box for me and I was like, WTF did I order this time. Package was in very good shape and at first glance everything seemed in order.

I'm leaving in the AM for the RTDA so I wont have time to get to this till probably Tuesday. But on the bright side I'll hopefully have some good play's when I get back.

That M.C. #2 is simply calling my name.. You guys think an C. Espendido is a fair trade?
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    Damn, I guess I missed the post where It was heading my way. The runner comes up with a box for me and I was like, WTF did I order this time. Package was in very good shape and at first glance everything seemed in order.

I'm leaving in the AM for the RTDA so I wont have time to get to this till probably Tuesday. But on the bright side I'll hopefully have some good play's when I get back.

That M.C. #2 is simply calling my name.. You guys think an C. Espendido is a fair trade?
    Yeah, it's a fair trade for the PASS but not for you (the Monte #2 is $9.00 cigar a while the Cohiba Esplendido is a $20.00 cigar) therefore I will not discourage it at all even though I think yer nuts

Next Tuesday or Wednesday is fine
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

Ok, Finally getting to the point where I have time to work on the pass. Im a little concerned about the Esplendido. Teh band just doesnt look right (especially when compairing it to the other C's in the pass).

Will anyone be offended by a Tribute 2004 Torpedo (~$11) for the M #2 (~9 per CC)?

Let me go through the pass some and I'll have it ready by tommorrow.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Do these sound ok?

My Takes:

#24 Montecristo #2 (ISOM)
    #32 Arturo Fuente Hemingway
    #35 Diablo Picante
    #41 Indian Tabaco Mini Torpedo
    #49 Camacho Diploma Maduro

My Puts:

#53 Credo Robusto
    #54 Carlos Torano Virtuoso Robusto
    #55 Belmore Cameroon Selection Torpedo
    #56 Montecristo White #2 Torpedo
    #57 Carlos Torano Tribute 2004 Torpedo
    #58 Carlos Torano Casa Torano Toro

Host Bag:

2 X Torano Exodus 1959 Toro's (CC's favorites)

I'll send this out as soon as I get an ok from you guys and I confirm that Puff is ready for the pass.

Blog Entries

I spoke with Puff who will be out of town till Monday. I want to go ahead and ship it out today...

Anyone have a problem with my puts/takes?

Bueller?..... Bueller?.... Anybody?

Blog Entries

and its off:

USPS DC # 0103 8555 7495 0328 8087

Package was received today and all is well. I will work on my puts and takes this evening and have the box off tomorrow or Thursday at the latest.

My puts and takes are complete and as follows:

Takes:
    LaGloria Cubana Serie R
    Torano Virtuoso
    Casa Torano

Puts
    Romeo y Julieta 1875
    A.Fuente Gran Reserva
    Flor de Oliva Grand Cameroon
    Jamaican Special
    Diablo Picante
    CAO Brazilia

If everything looks kosher, box will be out early this afternoon.

UpdateDidn't get it off until this morning, but the box is on it's way to NJ.

DC# 0103 8555 7493 7026 3019
    Last edited by PuffTheMagicDragon; 08-19-2005 at 01:18 PM.

Thread Information