Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: water or solution?

Have you done the salt test on your hygrometer yet? If not you really need to. If you can't, then BUY A DIGITAL ONE.
    If you're keeping your humidity at 70% it's too high anyway. The cigars will smoke much better at around 65%.
    I keep the cigars I'm storing long term at around 70% and move them to a humi with the rh at between 60%-65% for at least a week before smoking. I used to keep everything at 70% but found a higher number of cigars would have burn issues at that rh.

Two things ......

Have you done the woosh test?

Opening and closing the humidor should create a woosh noise as it seals when closing and breaking the seal when you open it. If you don't hear it, you've got a poorly sealing humidor and it's bad.

Second, get the Humi-Care hydration unit along with their digital hydrometer. I use them in all three of my humidors and I'm 69% to 73% right now, and this holds pretty well.

Kris

yep i have a digi hygro and have it tested and calibrated. humidity is right on target.

as for the humidor, the seal is pretty tight. it has pull to it when i open it and i have to give it a little push to get it to close. and not because of bad manufacturing.

Thread Information