Thread: C.A.O. Criollo ~ Bomba

Blog Entries

Default C.A.O. Criollo ~ Bomba

jaewing’s Review

Smoke C.A.O. Criollo ~ Bomba
    Drink(s): Ice Water / Yuengling Boc Beer

Wrapper: Medium to dark brown(Criollo)
    Draw: Medium throughout
    Burn: Pretty even with small cone throughout, Runs good by itself, kind sideways burn that resolved towards the end. Not much smoke during sitting periods.
    Misc: 60-75 minute smoke, Nose exhale exhibits medium burn (somewhat overbearing.)

Pre-light: Good construction, very firm, no soft spots, very vieny wrapper, pigtail cap. Wrapper has a Levi Garrett chew tobacco flavor (sweet)…yum!

Light: Even light, medium draw

1st 3rd: Oil flavor, medium bitterness that mellows quickly, earthy tones & slight touch of leather. Flavors mostly hitting on the top of the tongue. Minor wrapper split developing into the 2nd 3rd.

Ash: Crisp white with tiny black specks.

2nd 3rd: More of the same. Nice strong ash. Residual tobacco taste reminiscent of pre-light chew flavor. Slight sideways burn. Flavor of earth with leather picking up on top of tongue. 1 ˝” ash fell off getting into 2nd 3rd.

3rd 3rd: Moving into the home stretch. Leather, earth tones in full force. Feeling’ it on the roof of mouth. Burn evening out..

Overall impression: Different, not my thing and not too exciting. I’ve give it something in the low 80’s
    Last edited by badwhale; 04-12-2009 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Formatting & fix dead link 4/12/09 Photobucket shuffle
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

My brother-in-law tossed this last night after about 1.5" because of draw problems. He would draw like 10 times and got zilcho smoke. CAO is better at marketing than making cigars...

3. Default

The Criollo is probably my least favorite CAO cigar. It is a tad boring for me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Artyman1200 View Post
    My brother-in-law tossed this last night after about 1.5" because of draw problems. He would draw like 10 times and got zilcho smoke. CAO is better at marketing than making cigars...
    I honestly have never had a CAO with draw or burn problems.

That's surprising, I tend to have draw issues with most CAO's. Maybe you've never experienced a good draw

Thread Information