Thread: Cao cx2

Default Cao cx2

Wrapper and binder - Cameroon obviously...
    Filler - Columbia and Nicaragua

I found this stick at a B&M in Pigeon Forge, TN (Stogies In The Smokies) - a little 15'x30' yellow building that is completely climate controlled. The guy didn't have a large selection, but what he had was really good. He was able to stock Padron's b/c his wife's brother's girlfriend's cousin knew somebody with Padron or something. He also had a house blend made in Honduras that he gave to me for free to try, nice guy. Anyways...

I paid way too much for this stick, but none of the other 5 B&M's in Knoxville carry it and I really wanted to try it. He only had the toro vitola. The overall construction appeared to be solid with minimal veins and such. It has a nifty looking band. Pre light draw seemed good.

Flavor - the flavor was actually better than I expected - licorice, toasty, nutty, all very rich Cameroon type flavors. I prefer this flavor over their more mild Cameroon l'anniversaire. This has less licorice flavor than the Cuesta Ray Stanford Reserve if that matters to anyone.

Construction - very straight burn, light brownish/gray ash that lasted over 2" (see pic below), the cigar was generally a two-puffer to get a decent amount of smoke though

I would rate this a solid 8/10 for a Cameroon. It exceeded my expectations. I just wish CAO would get their act together with the draw issues. I would like to try other sizes.

Last edited by Artyman1200; 03-29-2009 at 12:46 PM.

Blog Entries

Nice review. The *X2's have eluded me. I do have an MX2 awaiting, we'll see how that one goes.

Stogies in the Smokies.....great name. There are some pretty cool knife stores up that way, too, if memory serves correctly........

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Yeah, Smoky Mountain Knife Works along the Parkway in Sevierville! Where you can get the official Rambo knife and all kinds of ridiculous swords! Absolutely genius idea for a store.

Like I said, the CX2 was better than I thought it would be. I've read reviews where the reviewer noted lots of spice, but I never encountered that. I'd like to try the robusto size. It might offer a little more flavor. Robusto is usually my vitola of choice...

Blog Entries

That's the one!

From what I remember, they not only have a WIDE selection, but also some pretty good prices. I got my groomsmen knives for my wedding last year, and took a long look at them, but did end up going with another company.

I should be up there before the end of the year, I will have to go back in and check it out.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Thread Information