Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie - cigar rescue

1. Default Newbie - cigar rescue

Had a lot of questions the past week. couldnt get logged into to ask them.

Tried the search with little luck.

Anyway, ran a across a nice sampler pack that had spent the last two months in a golf bag in a texas garage.

A little crackle to the squeeze, as you can imagine.

Without many answers, and an operational humidor, mixed with an overzealous desire to smoke them

I got myself a tupperware medium square container, and a tupperware sauce dish (tiny bowl). I put the cigars and the sauce dish filled with water into the square, and sealed them for a week. I did break the seal and check about every 12 hours.

In the mean time I went and purchased a humidor, and have been getting it seaoned for the past few days.

The cigars have come back to life and the humidor is operational.

The trouble is... now I gotta get it stocked. 5 sticks wont help it stabilize

Sounds like you did ok.

Now that you have an operational humidor the lack of cigars will probably be short lived, but the index finger on your right hand may start to bother you a little. Read up on what the folks here like and check out the newbie sampler thread. It's a great way to talk one on one with someone who can help you figure out what you like and get you into some nice cigars.

Welcome.

I thought the same thing when I purchased my 40 ct Humidor. I just got it today, and as soon as it is seasoned, it's going to be full. Coolerdor here I come.

Quote Originally Posted by ibarney5 View Post
    I thought the same thing when I purchased my 40 ct Humidor. I just got it today, and as soon as it is seasoned, it's going to be full. Coolerdor here I come.
    I started with a 100 count about 2 months ago. It only took me a few weeks to fill up. I've been getting ready to start a big coolerdor to accomdate the boxes I want to purchase and age. I got the cooler and am going to order the necessary amount of beads once I get my next paycheck!

5. Default

What the thought about all the plastic wrap?

I purchased a 25 pack of the 'store labeled' honduras indianhead.

They are individually wrapped and also bundled with a plastic wrap.

Is it better to remove them, or keep them wrapped?

jeez WTF?
    Last edited by basil; 07-05-2009 at 06:01 PM.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by Exevious View Post

...faux pas number two.

"cello on/cello off".

You don't need this forum to get the answer to your question...

Also - please take the CigarSmokers qualification test:
    Last edited by ggiese; 07-05-2009 at 07:06 PM.

Personally I think you should unwrap them. I have some King Edwards that have been aging in the cello for about 5 years and they have never improved.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDubya View Post
    Personally I think you should unwrap them. I have some King Edwards that have been aging in the cello for about 5 years and they have never improved.
    I hear ya... I found the same to be true of macanoodles...

Quote Originally Posted by Exevious View Post

As long as they're individually wrapped in cellophane and the bundle itself has the original wrapping on it you can store them submersed in liquid. The cellophane acts as a kind of mini-humidor and lets just the right amount of moisture in to keep those high end bundles in perfect condition. They also will equalize much quicker, usually absorbing the perfect amount of moisture in a day or less. To preserve the cigars even better and increase the effect of aging, use a mixture of 1/2 gasoline and 1/2 cow urine. Yeah, it sounds bad but it works wonders and adds a wonderful yellow aged look to your cellophane. The gasoline helps you to get a quick light and an even burn even in windy conditions. In fact, here's a photo of my buddy enjoying a Macanudo in the middle of a recent tornado. He had no trouble at all lighting it.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it works for you.

...1/2 gasoline - 1/2 cow urine... Hmmmm.....

I've not been able to achieve the coveted yellow cello. I'm going to my humidor to get some sticks. I gotta give that a whirl. Thanks for the suggestion!!!

Being from the city and all - and not nearly accessible to my country brethren - any suggestion where I may pick up a gallon or two of cow urine?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    ...1/2 gasoline - 1/2 cow urine... Hmmmm.....

I've not been able to achieve the coveted yellow cello. I'm going to my humidor to get some sticks. I gotta give that a whirl. Thanks for the suggestion!!!

Being from the city and all - and not nearly accessible to my country brethren - any suggestion where I may pick up a gallon or two of cow urine?
    A package will be winging its way towards you from Kansas.....the feedlot capital of the world. I'll try to get them to label the urine cow, bull, and steer so you can devise multiple experiments.

I'm trying that right now, but I haven't gotten further than chasing the cow with a bucket. Seems that she's a little apprehensive about me holding the bucket back there.

Is goat piss a good substitute? I sometimes drink a mix of goat piss and gasoline to get me motivated in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Is goat piss a good substitute? I sometimes drink a mix of goat piss and gasoline to get me motivated in the morning.
    I don't really know for sure, but I don't think it would hurt anything. It may, in fact, impart a pleasant "barnyard" smell to the cigars. I would suggest you try it with a smal bundle first.

I'm trying that right now, but I haven't gotten further than chasing the cow with a bucket. Seems that she's a little apprehensive about me holding the bucket back there.
    Maybe your reputation precedes you?
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Maybe your reputation precedes you?
    Well this is the only "stump-broke" cow I've got. We've known each other for a long time. I don't understand her acting like this.

Well this is the only "stump-broke" cow I've got. We've known each other for a long time. I don't understand her acting like this.
    Hmm... Bonafide Boomer - I think I'm starting to understand...

19. Talking Shelby07 Post #10

That has to be the funiest picture. Just thinking about it makes me laff.
    I have some freinds that would do that for real.
    Last edited by bugwrs; 07-07-2009 at 04:40 AM. Reason: title change

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    Hmm... Bonafide Boomer - I think I'm starting to understand...
    mmmmmmmmoooooooo

Thread Information