Thread: NCAA Div I Football

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default NCAA Div I Football

Let's try this.

Who's your team this year? And why?

For me, it is, and always will be, the Ohio State Buckeyes. Nothing's better than Big Ten football. Haters are more than welcome - I've been a Buckeye longer than I can remember, having been born in University Hospital, and I have an autographed photo with Woody Hayes holding me when I was like 3 years old.

It does look like we'll be seeing more SEC football than ever imagined - within the SEC, I'm a Razorback, all the way.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Penn State, baby. I grew up watching Penn State football. I graduated from Penn State. And now I currently work at Penn State. Long live JoePa.
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Let's try this.

Who's your team this year? And why?

For me, it is, and always will be, the Ohio State Buckeyes. Nothing's better than Big Ten football. Haters are more than welcome - I've been a Buckeye longer than I can remember, having been born in University Hospital, and I have an autographed photo with Woody Hayes holding me when I was like 3 years old.

It does look like we'll be seeing more SEC football than ever imagined - within the SEC, I'm a Razorback, all the way.

i couldn't agree more with Ohio State. Loved since I was 10. My dad always loved them also and I would watch the games with him. I'm not the bandwagon guy either because if you read my post about this upcoming NFL season, I am in fact a hardcore Detroit Lions fan. maybe we can win one game this year.

Ohio State has a chance to go to the National Championship year in and year out. The only thing that hurts them somewhat is that there is no Big 10 conference championship playoff. So if they lose one game, it usually costs them a shot at playing for a national championship.

I won't even get started on the BCS. It's the worst thing in sports. Far worse than the XFL. what the hell were they thinking

Blog Entries

Right there with you on the Buckeyes. How many painful Cooper games did I have to sit through, with that absolutely worthless AD in his pocket? I was so stoked when they signed Tressel.

I can't stand Michigan, but for the sake of Big Ten football, I really hope Rodriguez succeeds there. I really didn't mind Lloyd Carr - I thought he lacked a little confidence to lead such a big team. I also really liked Bo Schembechler - it was just such a good rivalry. Now that Lloyd's gone, can RichRod fill those enormous shoes? Let's hope he can.

In the meantime, I hope Penn State milks this JoePa thing as long as they possibly can. Happy Valley needs to do ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING to keep that man alive. Hook him up to hoses, prop him up, anything at all. Michigan State can be a contender as well. As far as the other teams go, well, I think Wisconsin has the potential to be a great team, as does Purdue. Neither team is very consistent, though.

Overall, I don't think it's the lack of a conference game that keeps them down. I think they need to keep playing teams outside their conference (Bravo on the USC games, Gene Smith & Co). They need another potential contender to step forward and be consistent. It used to always be Michigan. It will take a little while for a new team to establish themselves in this role.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

i think Iowa is the sleeper team this season.

this saved the season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9017_xA5tn8

Brigham Young University. I fell in love with their style of playing as a kid watching the original "west coast offense" Mr. Walsh stole from Lavelle Edwards with QBs like Steve Young, Robbie Bosco and Jim McMahon. I picked this team at 6 or 7 years old before I even knew what a Mormon was. It is pretty funny in this state when the Utes fans make the rivalry with BYU out to be some sort of holy war. I shoot that right down due to the fact the Brigham Young founded both Universities- U of U being the first of the two...

As you can imagine, I am not a big fan of the BCS system. Utah or BYU could go toe to toe with the big conference teams; especially at home. Their non-conference records and teams beat over the years back that up...
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders View Post
    Brigham Young University. I fell in love with their style of playing as a kid watching the original "west coast offense" Mr. Walsh stole from Lavelle Edwards with QBs like Steve Young, Robbie Bosco and Jim McMahon. I picked this team at 6 or 7 years old before I even knew what a Mormon was. It is pretty funny in this state when the Utes fans make the rivalry with BYU out to be some sort of holy war. I shoot that right down due to the fact the Brigham Young founded both Universities- U of U being the first of the two...

As you can imagine, I am not a big fan of the BCS system. Utah or BYU could go toe to toe with the big conference teams; especially at home. Their non-conference records and teams beat over the years back that up...
    Let me quote myself and say that was one hell of a win over the might OU Sooners last night!!!
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    ...Happy Valley needs to do ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING to keep that man alive. Hook him up to hoses, prop him up, anything at all. ...
    Aren't they doing that already? Some say he died a few years ago but through the miracles of science he's still able to coach.
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

My team is and always will be the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame! I think they're gonna surprise people, they have a lot of young talent this coming up season.
    All my ex's live in Texas.

i think notre dame has a really good chance at winning 10 games, especially some young talent at key positions. however, not being in a confrence hurts them at times. they don't really have a steady rivalry year in and year out like ohion state vs. michigan. ND hasn't been the same since brady quinn left. i hope he gets a chance to play more than 10 plays in one game this season!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuma787 View Post
    My team is and always will be the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame!
    +1
    I remember watching Notre Dame football with my Grandfather when I was younger and have always cheered for the Irish.

Thread Information