I second Ian's post. Picking individual stocks, even after independently researching them, is a risky financial venture, especially for someone looking to build wealth. It's risky for two reasons:
  1. Leave stock market choices to stock market professionals
  2. All of your eggs are in one basket

To explain:
It's the job of financial institutions to keep track of the stock market. Theoretically, I suppose you *could* watch the stock market every day, keep careful notes of trends in consumerism, and keep an eye out for potential money makers. But this is very time-consuming, and time is worth money. I don't have the money to throw away researching stocks - that is someone else's job.
If one of those stocks fail - let's say YONG experiences a drought, US/China political relations sour, or their prices aren't competitive and they are no longer an interest to consumers, then you're done. Thanks for donating to someone's small-business idea.

A better strategy for investing in the stock market is to look for mutual funds. These are professionally managed funds that spread your money throughout many different companies. It's best to find a mutual fund company that has been in business for a long time, and has a proven track record of performance. You also want to make sure that the broker you are dealing with works off of a salary and not a commission. If he/she works off of a commission, they will look to steer you towards the managed funds that will make them the most money. Especially if they tell you they work for commission and try to assure you that they won't try to steer your decision towards a particular managed fund.

Still a better financial strategy is to eliminate as much tangible debt as you possibly can. By tangible debt, I'm talking about credit cards, student loans, money you may owe family members, your bookie, etc. That way, if you do invest and lose money, you aren't accountable to anyone else for any other finances. Instead of using credit cards, try saving up the maximum credit limit the credit cards will give you instead. It's only a matter of months before all credit cards start charging fees, anyway, and those ridiculous point/money-back scams are NEVER worth it.

Other, unsolicited advice:
Never have a savings account. Keep your money in a money market account. You can write checks against it with no penalty.
Don't use a bank. Get in with a credit union. Usually, you can use any other credit union ATM for no fee. Sure, Chase may have 12,000 ATMs for you to choose from, but there are always MANY more credit union ATMs collectively.
Read: Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey; Rich Dad/Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki; The Snowball: Warren Buffet and the Business of Life by Alice Schroder. I recommend you read them in that order, however, unless you are in a financially rich position, you probably won't be able to apply principles in the latter two for some time.
Be patient. No one gets rich quickly.