Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Cigar things that annoy you

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka
    Hey CG if you want some really quality smokes to stick in your humi, I'll send you a fiver of Travis Club smokes.
    Thanks, dude, but I wouldn't want to leave you short.
    Supreme Leader Voltron
    bending over and reaching for the Crisco

Heh, just yanking your chain. I don't have any Travis Club, but I know they are the only cigars made in Texas. Not that it makes them any good, just special.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka
    Heh, just yanking your chain. I don't have any Travis Club, but I know they are the only cigars made in Texas. Not that it makes them any good, just special.
    oh, no my friend... Those are NOT the only cigars made in Texas... May I please direct your attention to these fine beauties...

Latin Gold

And if you've not had one - I'd suggest you give 'em a try. For the money, these are very nice cigars....

Cool! Thanks George, I didn't know about Latin Golds, I will stop by their shop next time I am in SAT.

When I visited San Antonio last year, I went where every other tourist and their brother goes to - the Alamo... (Sorry, just HAD to!!!)... Anyways, there's a real cool mall right next door (literally) called, I believe, River Walk. They had one of the Latin Gold stores in that mall - and it was rather cool to watch the guy roll in the window. I just had to buy some - so I got a couple of Churchill maduro's. Smoked one that night and it was nice... I put the other in my humidor to see what a little sleep will do for them... It's coming up an a year in the humi, so I might just fire that bad boy up in a month or so...

New to cigars and this forum thought I'd share my annoyance.

The fact that there isn't a decent shop within 100 miles of the little town I live in. Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by prophetic_joe
    New to cigars and this forum thought I'd share my annoyance.

The fact that there isn't a decent shop within 100 miles of the little town I live in. Ugh!
    My friend - that's what the internet if for!!! (Damn - I shouldn't have told you that!! You're gonna be pissed at me now - especially when everything you own gets sucked through the monitor and sent to all these great cigar places...)

And I best not tell you about CigarBid,,, Somufabitch - I let the cat out of the bag.....

You'll surely hate me now....

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    No, he'll love you for it.

It's his wife that'll hate you, if my experience is any example.
    Supreme Leader Voltron
    bending over and reaching for the Crisco

Yes that big mall in downtown San Antonio is called the Riverwalk Mall; right near the actual Riverwalk itself.

Default Dead Cigars

I am new...and maybe I am posting in the wrong area..Can anyone help settle a argument,,,My friend who let a box of great cigars go bone dry for 6 months..says he can simply rehydrate the cigars back to their great flavors and aroma..I say once the oils are gone..the cigar is Dead..who is right...
    email me theapplegroup@msn.com also he has another box that has a musty moldy smell to all the cigars...and they taste moldy are they shot too....

Quote Originally Posted by Chas
    I am new...and maybe I am posting in the wrong area..Can anyone help settle a argument,,,My friend who let a box of great cigars go bone dry for 6 months..says he can simply rehydrate the cigars back to their great flavors and aroma..I say once the oils are gone..the cigar is Dead..who is right...
    email me theapplegroup@msn.com also he has another box that has a musty moldy smell to all the cigars...and they taste moldy are they shot too....
    Yes, wrong thread...you could have started a new one with this, however, I would venture to say there's differing points of view on this...from what I've read it's not completely dead...you can restore it to some of it's former glory with rehydration...but it will never match what it was before it went bonedry...but then, I'm not an authority...there are guys here that know much more than me and would probably be able to give you a better answer...

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    My friend - that's what the internet if for!!! (Damn - I shouldn't have told you that!! You're gonna be pissed at me now - especially when everything you own gets sucked through the monitor and sent to all these great cigar places...)

And I best not tell you about CigarBid,,, Somufabitch - I let the cat out of the bag.....

OOH sarcasm meter off the scale. Great info there but not quite what I meant. It's an annoyance not because I have no place to buy cigars. Kinda looking for a nice relaxing atmosphere to sit, smoke and chat. ( I don't smoke in the house so the net is out.) plus I love the walk-in humidors. could spend hours in there.

Now aren't you guys just so glad I resurrected this thread?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neuromancer
    Now aren't you guys just so glad I resurrected this thread?
    NO!

The mere site of "SFG75" under the "New Posts" makes my stomach turn.......
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    NO!

The mere site of "SFG75" under the "New Posts" makes my stomach turn.......
    Awwww...I am so verrrry sorry, CC...

Quote Originally Posted by Corona Gigante
    This is a little awkward.

ggiese's answer is more complete, the abominable snowman's name is indeed Hugo and his tennis shoes are white--at least on all the stills I've found on the net--on the other hand, I think Hugo's fur is orange, not red, and green tennis shoes would look much more stylish than white with orange fur, especially in a room with purple carpets.

Bkcloud114 also gets extra credit for (1) the sound bite and (2) not being the guy sending out the smokes in the first place.

So if everyone's agreeable, Bkcloud114 would you PM your mailing adress to ggiese and ggiese would you send him a little something to compensate for him sitting at his computer at 10:53 on a Saturday night?

Thanks for a fun competition!
    Okay - after much debate amongst the judges, and by the prodding of Corona Gigante (the original winner of my prize), my original prize sticks have been forwarded to BKCloud114. Congrats, Tommy... I'd post a DC#, but I don't remember it - it had way too many numbers in it. It's coming and it most likely got there today - let me know if it doesn't get there and I'll try to figure out what happened...

bigpoppapuff Guest

what's a DC#??....is it something i should know??..

..also...can cigars be shipped in a business envelope or does it need to go in a manila??

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    what's a DC#??....is it something i should know??..

..also...can cigars be shipped in a business envelope or does it need to go in a manila??

I just pop them into a regular #10 sized envelope. It's kinda tight, but I've found if you place the envelope with the cigars in it on a strong flat surface (like the kitchen table) and apply even pressure and pressing down fairly firmly, the flap will stick pretty well. No bubble wrap or nothing - just make sure you tightly pack them in there. I follow it up with a bit of tape to keep it from popping open... Make sure you put "FRAGILE" on the outside of the envelope so those postal bastids don't mishandle it and ruin the cigars...

Default Bpp!

DC means "Diamond Crown" (cigars).

Although it could also mean "distribution center" or"District of Colombia" among others. But I think in this case it was Diamond Crown. DC's....a foolishly expensive cigar. Yeah, they taste good but I cringe when I have to shell out $20 plus for a cigar.

Which reminds me....I need to get a few Fuente Anejo Sharks for the holidays. Anyone know of "the best price around"?

I prefer shipping my cigars in Tampax tubos.

`
    `

Disclaimer: All views made on The Hugh Jorgan Show ® are the opinion of Hugh Jorgan Productions, Inc. ® and do not reflect the views of our sponsors.

Thread Information