Thread: cao flavored cigars

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default cao flavored cigars

I love all kinds of cigars I was wondering what the general thoughts about these cigars...

http://www.flavoursbycao.com/index2.html

Thanks for any input.

Kool

Blog Entries

Flavored cigars are a "fad" that many manufacturers use to try and get younger people interested in cigar smoking.

Personally I can't stand flavored cigars but if it introduces people to "the hobby" where they subsequently learn to smoke real cigars then I suppose it's a good thing.

If I were you, I'd skip the flavored cigars and go right to the real ones.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

3. Default thanks

Well I have a humidor with a small assorment of cigars. From full bodied to some mild macanidos. A friend gave me one and I gave a a try. It had a nice taste. Any way I figured since I was new to this whole hobby I would get involved with a forum and school myself on the information of the masses...

Thanks,

Kool

I had a CAO flavour, can't remember which one right now..... but I do remember that it sucked.

Want to try a "flavored" cigar? Try the Drew Estate, Natural, Root.....

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    Personally I can't stand flavored cigars but if it introduces people to "the hobby" where they subsequently learn to smoke real cigars then I suppose it's a good thing.
    Unfortunately, this happened to be my case too, starting off on Drew Estate Cigars. Actually I started off with premiums, my first being an Excalibur #1, then being sucked into the sinfull world of flavored cigars. Luckily with the help of some online friends and a 12 step program I was not only able to ween myself off of DE's Natural/ACID but also brain washed into despising them and all who partake! I have been hooked on "real" smokes ever since, been clean for several months now.. I admit, every once and awhile I still crave a bit but I understand that going back to my old way of life just isn't worth it.

6. Default food for thought

Well this is a list of the cigars that I have in my humidor now....

Rocky Patel 1990
    Butera Royal Vintage
    Macanudo Portofino
    Helix Maduro

From Colombia S.A.

Puyana
    Selecion La Cava Del Puro

From Venezuela

Bermudez
    Crispin Patino

From Cuba

LA Flor del Cano (tubulares)

And an assorment of Yes you guessed it CAO flavored cigars. I am going to pick up some Cusano 18 this weekend to add...
    Thanks for all your input...I am new to this forum and really like the range of opinions that it offers. My wife just left for a visit to Colombia and she is going to bring me back an assortment, I am really looking forward to that....

All the best

Kool

SFG75 Guest

The moontrance is a decent cigar. Of the flavoreds, it's the best IMHO, with Havana Honeys and others closely behind. I don't have many tins, but they are good if you are pressed for time or have relatives who smoke cigarettes and they don't want to wait an hour outside for you to finish a "real" cigar.

8. Default

Flavored cigars are for the following

1) Newbies

2) Women

3)homosexual pillow biters

4) dumasses
    The older I get ,the better I was

I've come across a couple flavored cigars that I tried. There was a peach one that wasn't great but I had White Owl brand Blackberry Cigar last night that really wasn't bad. But they come no where near a good old fashioned cigar IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by koolranch
    I love all kinds of cigars I was wondering what the general thoughts about these cigars...

http://www.flavoursbycao.com/index2.html

Thanks for any input.

Kool
    There are reviews about this in the Cigar Reviews part of this board.

My wife likes these, she has tried most of thier flavors. I have had a few puffs of hers as well and not bad for flavored. CAO makes great cigars so . . . give them a try.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

12. Default

When Tim Ozgener visited one of the tobacconists around here I had the oppurtunity to ask them why CAO would bother making a flavored cigar and he ended up talking me into purchasing one. I bought a MoonTrance and it turned out to be rather enjoyable. The reason I liked it is because I had been smoking "Blue Note" Pipe tobacco for a long time and it is one of my favorites, being a very unexperienced pipe smoker and most likely facing ridicual for admitting to my preference of tobacco. The tobacco that is Blue Note pipe tobacco is the same as the MoonTrance cigars. They smell rather nice too but I don't nor would I smoke these on a regular basis as I prefer to the taste of tobacco rather than perfume and fruitloops.. However, when I start getting 'burnt out' on cigars these can be just the thing to help mix it up a bit and give you a break from the norm. Thank you.
    Last edited by entheomation; 07-02-2005 at 08:55 AM.

Thread Information