Thread: Travel Humi - not in use

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

The refill bottle will be a really bad idea in ANY luggage.... Best not to bring any compressed explosive gasses on your trip, what with people lighting their underwear on fire these days!
    You may get a bic lighter through, but I would still avoid the hassle and just buy one at your destination.

Cigars should be fine in your carry on.
    Last edited by bigwhiteash; 01-10-2010 at 12:27 PM.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

I think it depends a lot on the guy sitting there at the X-ray machine, too. I've gotten body scanned at DFW with a lighter and swiss army knife with no problems, only to have them taken away at the completely empty Nashville airport on my way home. Besides, lighters and fuel should be easily obtained wherever you're going. If that's not an option, just leave your passport at home and they should let you through with no problem.
    End of line.

I have two travel humis (regular and flavored). During the summer they get used every week to go to and from the boat, and in winter only a couple times a month. I always keep them closed and humidified. I keep a couple of cedar strips in there. I've never had an issue with this, so for me it works. I don't know if it's technically "right."

Thread Information