Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Puro Pot Pass III

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Nelson tickles your taste buds?
    I have no recollection of the event in question. LOL.

Congrats Dan!

Here's my new sig tag. Great job, Mark.

My puts:
    RP Summer 2009
    RASS (Mar 08)
    Padron 4000 Maduro

I have LawDog2006's addy, so I'll get these boxed up and I plan on shipping Thursday, so they should arrive by next Monday.

Outbound today. DC# 0304 0370 0000 3961 6622

Good luck, Erik!

Quote Originally Posted by Irish79 View Post
    Outbound today. DC# 0304 0370 0000 3961 6622

Good luck, Erik!
    Alright, I just got the package in the mail and everything looks good. I appreciate your patience with my schedule, off last week at training and this week is packed with appointments and events. I'll let it sit in the humi for a day or so and intend to smoke it Wednesday.

Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. - Clarence Darrow

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Size – Looks like a lancero, didn’t think to measure it before I started smoking
    Drink – Water

First impressions – yellowish brown wrapper leads me to think it’s a either a natural or Colorado. There’s a bit of wrapper loss near the tip but nothing that effects smoking

Ash fell off at about 1” in a nice clump, the draw is quite loose and it’s producing a moderate amount of smoke. Nothing is really jumping out at me except the neutral-ness of it. There’s no peppery flavor like I’d expect out of a Nicaraguan. About 2” in I’m starting to experience some woodsy hints.

I’m about ½ way through it and the amount of smoke being produced has definitely increased. There seems to be a bit of nuttiness taking the place of the wood. (insert phallic joke here). I think I’ve narrowed it down to either Dominican or Honduran.

Ok, I’m just about finished so my guess is…. Dominican!

Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. - Clarence Darrow

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog2006 View Post
    Ok, I’m just about finished so my guess is…. Dominican!
    You're guess is WRONG!

You just smoked a San Martin - 100% Peruvian cigar. Sorry that I was evil, like Buzz, and picked such an obscure smoke.

snip...loss near the tip...*snip*... I’m starting to experience some woodsy hints...*snip*...There seems to be a bit of nuttiness taking the place of the wood. (insert phallic joke here).
    Any of this help with the sig tag, Mark?

And LawDog2006 joins the growing list of lewzer's
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Ya know, once I can get my humidor a little better stocked, and the palate a little better trained, this is one I'd like to get in on. Don't care if I win...I just want some new smokes and one of those cool sigs.
    So if these keep up, at some point, I'm getting one of those righteous Lewzer sigs!

Peruvian???!!!! WTF - I thought they just had good coffee! Well bring on the sig tag!

Let me proffer my puts for approval before I send them

Cusano 59
    Nestor Miranda 1989
    ManOWar

Blog Entries

Tough break. I'm amped to give this a try now. All I need now Is someone who thinks they have a skilled enough pallate to guess my puro.....bring it on!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irish79 View Post
    Any of this help with the sig tag, Mark?
    The door is SO wide open, one doesn't get this opportunity too often. It will take me a bit of time....

Quote Originally Posted by MrPlatypus View Post
    Ya know, once I can get my humidor a little better stocked, and the palate a little better trained, this is one I'd like to get in on. Don't care if I win...I just want some new smokes and one of those cool sigs.
    So if these keep up, at some point, I'm getting one of those righteous Lewzer sigs!
    Stick around; there's always next year. Probably try to get started in early January next year due to the number of participants; we're pretty far into summer down where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by Tdre977 View Post
    Tough break. I'm amped to give this a try now. All I need now Is someone who thinks they have a skilled enough pallate to guess my puro.....bring it on!!
    I don't know if anyone else is going to sign up. It might end with you. Refer to the first post for rules and other info. Let me know if you have any questions. Are you ready to receive the pass?

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Ready, willing and able. Allready pm'd lawdog with my addy. Lets do this!

Blog Entries

Well, good news and bad news.

I made a sig tag. But in the interest of taste, I've decided to replace it with something equally tasteless, but perhaps a bit more forum-friendly. Sig tag has been sent.

Looks like Tdre977 is all ready to go - LawDog2006, post the DC# once you send it off.

Anyone else interested in this contest? Read the first post in this thread, then PM me.

LawDog2006, thanks for posting your puts. When you get the chance, could you post the vitola of each cigar as well?

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tdre977 View Post
    Ready, willing and able.snip....
    For future reference Marky-Mark.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    For future reference Marky-Mark.
    LMAO

Damn Mark! Considering some of the others, how bad could it be?!

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Well, good news and bad news.

I made a sig tag. But in the interest of taste, I've decided to replace it with something equally tasteless, but perhaps a bit more forum-friendly. Sig tag has been sent.

LawDog2006, thanks for posting your puts. When you get the chance, could you post the vitola of each cigar as well?
    Well the sig tag isn't bad at all. MTR I'm curious what the other less-tasteful one looked like.

I will post the vitola as soon as I get home.

Blog Entries

MTR I'm curious what the other less-tasteful one looked like.
    Since you asked................(NSFW)

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Ok, I'm good with my sig tag!

Here are the puts
    Cusano 59 - Churchill
    Nestor Miranda 1989 - Toro
    ManOWar - Toro (looks like an extra thick gauge though)

Thread Information