Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Puro Pot Pass III

Blog Entries

Well, you should have asked Dennis for his input because it is the same thing I sent him for Puro Pot Pass II.

Bravo Columbian Gold, 100% Columbian tobacco!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    Bravo Columbian Gold, 100% Columbian tobacco!
    I don't remember ever seeing Columbia on a map... is it near Venezwala? Sorry, I couldn't help it...

So, I will send Mark his sigtag - but if anyone else made one that is better I will not be offended if we replace the one I made. All I did was find a picture of Mark on Flickr... so it isn't anything special really....

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

Well, I did open the door.

Irish79, are you ready? I can't get to the PO today, I can get there tomorrow.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

I'm as ready as I'll ever be. Ship away Mark.

Blog Entries

DC# 0309 3220 0001 2411 1621

Good luck!

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

I'm looking forward to it.

At least the DC# is already showing up online, unlike last time.

The pass arrived and everything looks fine. I'll smoke the puro in a few days.

Hey guys, I know I'm up next and wanted to give everyone a heads up that I won't be able to smoke the cigar if it gets here next week. I'll be out for some training so I don't know how much access I'll have to the internet.

Can't wait to get hte package and smoke when I get back, I'll need one.

Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. - Clarence Darrow

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Do you want me to hold the pass until you're back in town? Or will someone be around to pick up the mail and throw it in your cooler? I'd hate for the cigars to roast in the heat.

I was just sending a pm to get your address. I smoked the puro last night, but left my notes at home, so I'll be posting my guess and puts tomorrow and then I'll be ready to send it onward.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog2006 View Post
    Hey guys, I know I'm up next and wanted to give everyone a heads up that I won't be able to smoke the cigar if it gets here next week. I'll be out for some training so I don't know how much access I'll have to the internet.

Can't wait to get hte package and smoke when I get back, I'll need one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish79 View Post
    Do you want me to hold the pass until you're back in town? Or will someone be around to pick up the mail and throw it in your cooler? I'd hate for the cigars to roast in the heat.

I was just sending a pm to get your address. I smoked the puro last night, but left my notes at home, so I'll be posting my guess and puts tomorrow and then I'll be ready to send it onward.
    LawDog2006, let us know when you get back. Irish79 can send then. Irish79, I'll get you his addy.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Irish79 can send then. Irish79, I'll get you his addy.
    Roger that Marky Mark...

Blog Entries

Roger that Marky Mark...
    and the funky bunch

Irish79 - you can send it to my office but it'd probably be better if the smokes rested in your humidor rather than in a box in my office. Let me know, either way if you send it Thursday or Friday I doubt it would get here until after the weekend.

Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. - Clarence Darrow

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

So, I had the chance to smoke the puro last night. Here is my first attempt at a review of any kind.

Size: 6x52 W
    Wrapper: Colorado Maduro
    Beverage: Water
    Tunes: GN'R Pandora station

Initial Inspection:
    Nice tobacco smell. Good construction with a slight tear in the wrapper, probably courtesy of the USPS... :) At this point I ruled out Cuban due to the construction of the triple cap.

Cut & Light:
    The cap cut easily and popped off like a top hat. Draw is perfect for me, as I like it on the easier side of things. Lighting the puro produced a good amount of smoke, which is something else I like. This cigar is starting to make me smile.

1st Third:
    My first draw or two seemed to produce some nice spice, which disappeared immediately. This was both puzzling and disappointing. I ruled out Nicaraguan at this point. At about the inch mark, 1/4 of the mottled gray ash crumbled away lengthwise, leaving me with a goofy looking ash. The remainder fell off at the 1.5" mark. I was focused on the ash because the puro didn't seem to give me much. Nothing too exciting going on.

2nd Third:
    More of the same. Dare I say almost boring? Maybe I'm not relaxed enough, anticipating my failure of this "test".

3rd Third:
    Seems to be a medium stick. Burn has been even the entire time and a nice volume of smoke. Detecting some earthy & woodsy elements now along with a bit more bite.

Verdict & Guess:
    Good construction with an even burn and the sort of draw and volume of smoke that I enjoy. The stick just didn't seem to tickle my taste buds, though, like Nelson, so I'm going to guess HONDURAN.

Bring it on Mark. I'm sure you have something "good" for me...

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog2006 View Post
    Irish79 - you can send it to my office but it'd probably be better if the smokes rested in your humidor rather than in a box in my office. Let me know, either way if you send it Thursday or Friday I doubt it would get here until after the weekend.
    I'll plan on mailing the pass either Thursday the 10th or Friday the 11th then.

Blog Entries

Good construction with an even burn and the sort of draw and volume of smoke that I enjoy. The stick just didn't seem to tickle my taste buds, though, like Nelson, so I'm going to guess HONDURAN.
    Nelson tickles your taste buds?

You are correct, sir! The cigar was a Punch Gran Puro. Nicely done.

Give me a day or so to get your sig tag to you. I kind of wasn't expecting so many winners this year. This is either due to poor planning on my part, or the level of tasting skill ya'll have developed over time. I tend to believe it's the latter.

I'll also PM you LawDog2006's addy.

Again, congrats.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Nice Dan - didn't you win last year too?

[goes and uses the search function]

Well, you sorta won last year, this time it's official though.

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Nice job Irish! Guess the pot won't be that big when it gets here!

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Nelson tickles your taste buds?
    Hmm, yeah, I misspoke there. Thanks for letting in on this thing late and giving me an opportunity to win on my own this year. I'll be looking forward to the next edition. Bring on my nice new sig tag.

I hope you're ready LawDog2006, because I have a nice stick for you to review.

Blog Entries

Sig tag sent - I found another deserving sig tag (IMHO).

Congrats again, Dan.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Thread Information