Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Puro Pot Pass III

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    What a bunch of cocks...

Ok, I sent the package yesterday. DC # 0310 0480 0001 0623 7719

Good luck

Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. - Clarence Darrow

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Blog Entries

OK, just got the package and all looks well, wont get a chance to smoke it until probably wed/Thurs. Ready the loser tag!

Blog Entries

OK, here goes nothing....

Size: 6.25x52 Belicoso?

Wrapper: Corojo?

Strength: med-full

Appearance: Nice construction, a little bumpy, medium color.

Nice spicy kick to it with a underlying sweetness (in a very heterosexual way) developed into a complex smoke, toasty/creamy. White ash, held on for about 1 inch.

My guess......., a very enjoyable NICARAGUAN puro

Quote Originally Posted by Tdre977 View Post
    Nope, it was an Augusto Reyes Nativo from the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC!!!

Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. - Clarence Darrow

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog2006 View Post
    Ummmm... isn't that below the price range for the puro? I get the beli's at $3.00/stick using CI & cigarcyclopedia.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Ummmm... isn't that below the price range for the puro? I get the beli's at $3.00/stick using CI & cigarcyclopedia.
    This is my fault. LawDog2006 asked me specifically if this cigar was up to snuff for this pass. I did the research on cigarcyclopedia, and what I came up with on that version of cigarcyclopedia at the time (I forget what the date stamp was), the Nativo's were in the $5 range, despite them being available at CI for a cheaper price. I still opted to approve the stick for the pass, because we had decided in the OP that the price would be determined using cigarcyclopedia. I just assumed CI was having a sale, and the price would bump back up.

My apologies to Tdre977 and the other members of this pass. I'll TRY to remember this when I make the sig tag today.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

.....snip I'll TRY to remember this when I make the sig tag today.
    The price issue is not too important to me, since a $3 Dominican is just as much NOT Nicaraguan as a $5 one would be.

Exactly what bearing does a minor gaff in the pass have on the quality of the sig tag?......remember:

Originally Posted by Tdre977
    Ready, willing and able.snip....

Sorry guys. I thought CI was having the sale as well. I can send a different puro that measures up if you guys want.

Blog Entries

Sorry guys. I thought CI was having the sale as well. I can send a different puro that measures up if you guys want.
    Mark's the final say in my book. I just remember Nelson's balls getting busted a bit about the Nica Libre for a put.

Didn't realize you guys talked about it. Sorry for the drama.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Sig tag has been sent. Apparently, I forgot everything I said about being gracious about the sig tag. Oh, well.

I want to apologize again to all members of this pass for the little drama here right at the end. It's 100% my fault - I approved the puro for LawDog2006 to send along, so none of this should fall on him.

In an effort to make all things good, I have decided to let Tdre977 keep the pot. It seems rather fitting, actually: he's a relative newbie, the heat of the summer has me concerned about those sticks getting shipped around and besides, he has to put up with that sig tag. So again, we have a (kind of) winner for this year's PPP.

I open the floor for debate. Sorry if anyone thinks I'm being unfair here - feel free to call me out. In my opinion, this is the right thing to do.

LawDog2006 - I'm sorry you got caught in the middle of all this. You didn't do anything wrong. I apologize to you for leading you astray.

Thanks to everyone for playing, and I hope to see you next year! I had a lot of fun. All of the sig tags that were created (minus the names of the recipients) are in an album in my profile - check it out. I'll also compose a list of puros used in this pass (and probably for the PPP2).

Thanks again!

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Puts only had to be between $3 - $5.....missing on the low end for a $3 requirement is different than missing the $5 puro requirement imho. Anyway, that point is moot.

I'm not sure that changing the rules at the end of a pass is good. According to the original rule:

Player E: As the last player, if he guesses right. He of course keeps the prize. But if he guesses wrong he must bomb an unsuspecting victim not associated with the game. Preferrably a n00b.

anyone signing up for the pass did so with the expectation that they would either win or lose when it was there turn, and that at the end, some lucky newbie would get some nice $5 sticks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Puts only had to be between $3 - $5.....missing on the low end for a $3 requirement is different than missing the $5 puro requirement imho. Anyway, that point is moot.
    You're right. I dropped the ball here. Nelson's dilemma and this dilemma are not comparable.

I'm not sure that changing the rules at the end of a pass is good. According to the original rule:

Player E: As the last player, if he guesses right. He of course keeps the prize. But if he guesses wrong he must bomb an unsuspecting victim not associated with the game. Preferrably a n00b.
    Agreed. After thinking about it, my initial action was hasty. Besides, it's not fair to mislead everyone in this pass due to some dunderhead mistake I made.

Tdre977, I'll shoot you a PM. Stay the course with the newbie bombing, and post your puts for posterity. Please send me the DC#, but don't display it publicly.

But.....

anyone signing up for the pass did so with the expectation that they would either win or lose when it was there turn, and that at the end, some lucky newbie would get some nice $5 sticks.
    Not exactly. They'd possibly get some nice $3 sticks - the puts had to be at least $3 MSRP. But like I said above, it's not fair to mislead either the members of the pass or any potential newbie of the outcome of the pass. I stand corrected and apologize.

Sorry about all of this everyone - one of these days, these PPP passes will end well.......

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

But.....

Not exactly. They'd possibly get some nice $3 sticks - the puts had to be at least $3 MSRP. But like I said above, it's not fair to mislead either the members of the pass or any potential newbie of the outcome of the pass. I stand corrected and apologize.

Sorry about all of this everyone - one of these days, these PPP passes will end well.......
    Yep, my mistake, the prize would be between $3 and $5 sticks, not exclusively $5 sticks.

I wasn't attempting to "correct" you Mark, not in the slightest, just offering my opinion. It's not easy running passes like this, and this particular one requires more of the hosts time than many others.

You are to be commended for running this, and in fact, I think perhaps you should go to condition 0 strikes.

Blog Entries

You are to be commended for running this, and in fact, I think perhaps you should go to condition 0 strikes.
    Talk about changing rules!!!!!! I earned my two strikes, then I had to earn one of them being removed. I stand by my strike.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Talk about changing rules!!!!!! I earned my two strikes, then I had to earn one of them being removed. I stand by my strike.
    Well, don't say I never gave you nuttin'.

Blog Entries

Well I was wrong.... Guess I'm expecting a Dominican!

No hard feelings on any of this, had fun and now have a new variety I need to put in my rotation.

Later tonight when I get home I'll rummage around in my box and get my puts in.

And thanks to Mark for Running this and sorting through all this!

Oh my god Tdre977, and i thought i had a bad sig tag

Mark i think you did a excellent job of running the pass and hope that next year you run it again.

Well I was wrong.... Guess I'm expecting a Dominican!

No hard feelings on any of this, had fun and now have a new variety I need to put in my rotation.

Later tonight when I get home I'll rummage around in my box and get my puts in.

And thanks to Mark for Running this and sorting through all this!
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    Oh my god Tdre977, and i thought i had a bad sig tag

Mark i think you did a excellent job of running the pass and hope that next year you run it again.
    +1

Big Thanks to Mark for running this pass. A lot of hard work and headaches involved in running something like this (me being a headache for one).

Cheers to you my friend!

Blog Entries

With a tag like this I'm going to have to start "reading more, posting less"

My puts,

Gurkha Centurian
    CAO Soprano Associate
    Greycliff Double Espresso robusto

Sounds good to everyone?

Thread Information