Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi All....New Cigar Smoker Joins Your Group

Amanda Guest

Default Hi All....New Cigar Smoker Joins Your Group

Hello, my cigar-chomping friends. I just stumbled into this board doing an Internet search and thought it sounded like fun. I'm a 21 year old college girl from Iowa who just started smoking cigars a few months ago. I actually started thinking it could help ween me off of cigarettes, but now I'm hooked on cigars..lol. I smoke these Bering Churchills that I can buy at the local gas station but would be eager to try something new if you have any tips. Looking forward to hearing from some of you guys and gals.

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

welcome amanda ,you stumbled upon a good board
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda
    Hello, my cigar-chomping friends. I just stumbled into this board doing an Internet search and thought it sounded like fun. I'm a 21 year old college girl from Iowa who just started smoking cigars a few months ago. I actually started thinking it could help ween me off of cigarettes, but now I'm hooked on cigars..lol. I smoke these Bering Churchills that I can buy at the local gas station but would be eager to try something new if you have any tips. Looking forward to hearing from some of you guys and gals.
    Bering Churchills??? You're in desperate need of an upgrade!!! Berings are machine made, short filler cigars. You probably would enjoy a long filler cigar (short filler are filled much like a cigarette - with chopped up tobacco. Long filler are full leaves from one end to the other) much better than the Berings.. A Pretty widely available long filler cigar is the Macanudo. They're pretty mild, but a nice cigar. I've seen them at Walgreen's and CVS pharmacy.

If you get into a cigar shop, be sure to ask the clerk what to try. There are a number of great cigars they'll recommend to you. Stick with the milder ones starting out (CAO Gold, Baccarat, Helix natural). As you develop a taste for those cigars, you'll find you want a bit more flavor. You'll find yourself wanting to try medium bodied cigars in no time (and there are a ton of those).

Most woman tend to like the CAO flavors because they smell so nice. Check those out - and I'd suggest the Moontrance, Eileeen's Dream and Kama Sutra. Also, check out the Drew Estates Java and the Kahluas.

Stick around - you'll find plenty of great suggestions for cigars you should try and a great bunch of guys here.

Welcome

Did you at least stop smoking cigarettes?

Amanda Guest

Hey guys!!!! Thanks for the nice welcome. I knew I wasn't smoking a top-notch brand with the Bering Churchills, but they best suited me of all the cigars available at my local gas station. They're the largest cigars the store has and that were within my budget. I had no interest in the King Edwards or Swisher Sweets which I would end up smoking as frequently as I would cigarettes. For me, the bigger the cigar, the better, since having something that lasts a long time helps me stay away from the cigarettes. I have a modest budget, but cannot afford to smoke $20 cigars every day..lol.

I'm not entirely off cigarettes. I still need that first Marlboro of the day and seem to smoke a few every week when I get a little stressed out between school and work. Nonetheless, about 90% of what I smoke these days are cigars and even though it's not cheap, it's still a welcome relief from the two-pack-a-day cigarette habit I had going six months ago. Well, thanks again and I look forward to heading to my nearest cigar store and trying some of the brands you guys are recommending. I'll definitely be back on this site to talk to you all some more :)

Welcome to the board! Stick around, lots to learn.

Good luck quiting smoking! It's not easy but worth it in the end.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Welcome Amanda......

Good luck with the "quitting smoking"..... I gave up cigarettes on Dec 9, 2001....... and have never touched another one. It took me 8 times before I quit. It is not easy. I started smoking cigars only about 1 year ago.... try www.cigarbid.com..... they have some good prices (you need to do research on prices before you bid) also you could try www.cigarsinternational.com..... the companies sell 5 packs which are good for someone starting out.....

Amanda Guest

Thanks again. You can be sure my 4th of July will be spent doing some serious cigar research...lol. I guess I do enjoy my Berings, but I don't really have anything to judge them against. Thanks for the support as far as giving up cigarettes. I would have had zero chance even cutting back to the rate of cigarette smoking I already have if not for trying out cigars.

By the way, am I the only girl here? Seems like it's mostly guys....not that I'm complaining.

I don't think anybody here will complain........

Hi Amanda, welcome to the group! Hope you stick around, learn a lot, and participate in our discussions.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

SFG75 Guest

Welcome Amanda!. This is a pretty good board-enjoy.

Welcome, Amanda. From the great state of Texas!

hey Amanda welcome to the boards!

your not the only girl on the boards...but its primarily guys
    -=JStrider=-
    ~a woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke. -- Rudyard Kipling

~Clatto Verata Nicto

welcome to the board

Welcome aboard Amanda !
    Life is beautiful, death is peaceful. It's the transition that's bothersome.
    -Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Purobrat
    Welcome, Amanda. From the great state of Texas!
    Welcome to the board Amanda. For the record, the citizens of the wonderful state of TX have requested that this guy move.

Secondly, there's nothing wrong with you liking Berings, but there are some much finer smokes out there. Stick around and you'll learn alot from some of the good folks here. And as for that first Marlboro of the day, I'll just bet that very soon you'll be starting your day with one of those Berings and finishing it off with a nice medium body cigar.

Enjoy your stay here.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Welcome from New Jersey.

18. Default

And welcome from rainy, grey and cold London!!!!

welcome to the group!

welcome amanda! stick around, you'll enjoy it!

Thread Information