Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Quick Question

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieWeinerDog View Post
    I may not know as much as most cigar snobs, but I can tell the difference between mold and plume. I didn't think it would be this much of a problem.
    Problem was calling us assholes.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

OK, i apologize.

Blog Entries

Uh oh...
    Smoke em' if you got em'

I may not know as much as most cigar snobs, but I can tell the difference between mold and plume. I didn't think it would be this much of a problem.

"think" is the operative word here. Some use "think" as a path to avoid pitfalls - others use "think" as a path to disaster.

You're on a good path knowing the difference between "mold" and "plume" - but it's clear you're inches into the start of your journey. Which way is next, sparky???

Blog Entries

OK, i apologize.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieWeinerDog;
    OK, i am not gong to be an asshole.

1. Don't buy anything made by a machine.
    2. Don't buy anything from a gas station.
    3. I am not going to tell you not to get an acid, I got started liking acids, and I have moved on to better, and now hate them.
    4. I would search google for a smoke shop near your home town. (search something like: Cigar, (town name) or tobacco, (town name))
    5. If you are on a budget, and buying for a few people, i would recommend Quorum Cigars as a bottom line.
    6. Look in the review selection.
    Just so we're all clear on what you've tendered your reluctant apology for, since you edited the original post.

Oh, and btw, some things this hack disagrees with in your above post:
    1. Bullshit. Some decent machine made cigars are available that contain 100% tobacco and real wrapper leaf. Search here, or google will help you find some of them.

2. Bullshit again. Some gas stations in Canada have decent cigars available for purchase, again, 100% tobacco...some even long or mixed filler hand made cigars.

3. Bullshit, once again. I care for those that I call BOTL's, so I would indeed tell anyone not to waste the $$ and taste buds on Acids by accurately and succintly describing my experiences with them in hopes they would not suffer as I did.

And I also agree that you most likely don't know as much as most cigarsnobs either.

I've been smoking cigars for almost a year now, and there is a snowballs chance in hell I could tell the difference between a Honduran and a Nicaraguan unless I look at the label. Now if it's a Habano cigar I can tell simply by smell because its one of the few I don't like. And those Irish Creme ones, ewww nasty. But other than that, I might as well play multiple guess with a shotgun full of bird shot ..... eventually I'll get it right, but there will be a lot of wrong guesses before I get there.

And you recommend Quorum cigars as a bottom end cigar? Dude, if you can't afford to share then don't. I know I've given out more cigars than I've smoked to soldiers here in our little weekly cigar get togethers. You don't need to share Padron 1926's, but you definately do NOT need to hand out Quorum's making everyone think you know about cigars when Quorum's aren't even a cigar.

Find something on sale and buy a box to share ..... you can be cheap, or you can be frugal. There is a difference, and obviously you don't know it.

Thread Information