Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Introduction

Default Newbie Introduction

Hey there everyone I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a graduate student in philosophy from newfoundland canada. I joined this forum to learn a bit more about cigars as enjoying a good smoking is certainly hard to beat. I am not a very experienced smoker at all, however I have had a number of good smokes before. However I lack most information to makes those experiences as useful as they could have been. So I look forward to gathering some of that info and possibly discussing the merits of various cigars. As a student though I do not have access to buying boxes of cigars, even though it makes most sense to me. Anyways I hope to discuss with you ladies and fellas.

I currently have a desktop humidor that can hold 25 or more cigars which has a couple inside. I hope you all are well look forward to talking with you all.

Phil

Blog Entries

Welcome from AZ, Phil. There is a ton of information here - use the search and have fun browsing through all the threads. If you are looking to get a feel for what cigars you like, check out the Newbie Sampler thread. I highly recommend it.

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

Welcome Phil the Philosophy Guy.

Blog Entries

Welcome from CO.
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the warm welcome. I have been really enjoying the reviews on here.

Welcome from North Carolina!

Welcome from MA.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Thanks again guys. Are most the guys on here from the USA? Are there some Canadians amongst the ranks? Also Buzz what is the newbie sampler thread? I cant find a newbie section of the site.

Blog Entries

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/threads/...mpler-Thread-V

First thing I did when I joined this site, and glad I did it!

ETA: Looks like you would be sponsored by logan37 - trust me, he will treat you right.

-Buzz

Oh! That looks like a great opportunity. I certainly do not know what sort of cigars I like and dislike. Maybe I will look into that. Very kind.

11. Default

Welcome! as i am new as well

Welcome from NY.

I'm not sure if "border crossing" is done with the newbie samplers. I can see some of the advantages/disadvantages that might arise with it. However, I believe that Craig is up next for the Canadian sponsers. Either way, enjoy your stay.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the board... here is a member that you might share some interests with
    About Newfie

BiographyCanadian Hill-Billy RedneckLocationShearstown, Newfoundland

(A suburb of Bay Roberts)BioGolf - Last year played approximately 50 rounds ~8 HDCP and shot par for 18 for the first time in my life.
    Motorcycles - 2005 Gold Wing
    Smoking - If it's got lots of Vit "N", chances are I'll like it.
    Music - ~350 albums, ~200 cassettes, ~ 300 CD's (Zepplin, Sabbath, Floyd, Uriah Heep, SRV, Hendrix, GnR, etc)OccupationSales for a PVF distributor

Signature

><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Hey Logan,

I dont know the rules or anything but I appreciate the tip. I had no intention of passes like that, just the ability to learn about and discuss cigars. I can certainly see the merit in such an opportunity though.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the boards at cs! Welcome from Oregon! Roger.
    Just another day at the office!

Welcome from NW PA.
    I too recommend the newbie sampler...it doesn't matter who the next sponser in the sampler would be, as they all will set you up very nicely.

Live each day like it's your last, one day you'll get it right.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by logan37 View Post
    snip...

However, I believe that Craig is up next for the Canadian sponsers. Either way, enjoy your stay.
    ^^ This. Border crossings are not unheard of in the NST, however, some cigars might be included in the sampler if it's done between Canadians that otherwise most likely wouldn't be.

Blog Entries

Oops, forgot that we have Canada-specific sponsors... still highly recommend the sampler though - and Craig will treat you right too. Actually, probably way better than logan37 would have now that I think about it. Rich probably would have sent you a "my little pony" pillow and some various car parts.

-Buzz

Blog Entries

Welcome Phil from The Republic of Texas.

Given your area of expertise, I have one question that I've been battling to find the answer to.

"Whats the meaning of Life?"

Hey there ndv21,

Ive never been to texas but i hear most thing there are big. In anycase I appreciate the welcome. As for your question.. im afraid if I tell you the answer you'll be moved to sell all your belongings and live the life of an aesthete. You know what that means dont you? Old Buzz up there gets all your cigars, and logan gets your stereo!!

But seriously, if only understanding what the heck my girlfriend means when shes talking with me was as easy as the meaning of life id be a much happier man!

thanks

Thread Information