Thread: Homemade Humidor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I just ruined a mini fridge that I would also like to maybe convert to a humidor, so keep us posted on how you do it. Thanks and good luck

Do NOT use regular(red) cedar for a humidor. "Spanish cedar" is a type of mahogany. Use it or waht was described above. Good luck.

Personally I Would buy a Cigar oasis or a hydra for humidification. Also buy one or two digital Hygrometers depending on how tall you make it(one for top and bottom)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    Do NOT use regular(red) cedar for a humidor. "Spanish cedar" is a type of mahogany. Use it or waht was described above. Good luck.

Personally I Would buy a Cigar oasis or a hydra for humidification. Also buy one or two digital Hygrometers depending on how tall you make it(one for top and bottom)
    Yes, i do plan on buying some spanish cedar from a lumber yard. HD did not have what i need for that. The humidor is only going to be around L20.5"xW13"xD10" so not to awfully big. Im only going to use brass screws and hardware. Also doing some research, fish tank silicone is odorless once dried so it can be used to seal my seams.

4. Default

I ended up using the lauan at HD. It was becoming very hard and expensive to try and get my hands on some spanish cedar. I found a decent price for like $10 a foot so it was going to cost me $100 but they said my order was to small and i would have to wait till someone else put in a larger order before i could get any.

here is a pic of my progress, i still need to finish the Humidor door, and get the mini fridge situated. Then paint and were done.

Blog Entries

Looks great!! I predict you will soon be saying "I should have went larger with the humidor."

Nice job so far and I agree with Ashauler... you will regret that you didn't make it the size of the mini fridge!

It can always be the ready to smoke humi with the large cabinet in another room for long term storage

Thread Information