Thread: Cigar shows/conventions

Default Cigar shows/conventions

Does anybody know of any upcoming cigar shows or conventions? I googled cigar shows and only found results for shows in New Orleans and Vegas. I would love to go to a show/convention but would prefer one a little closer to Michigan or Ohio

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyebw View Post
    Does anybody know of any upcoming cigar shows or conventions? I googled cigar shows and only found results for shows in New Orleans and Vegas. I would love to go to a show/convention but would prefer one a little closer to Michigan or Ohio
    It's surprising too that they don't have more shows in say, Akron or Cleveland...venerable hot beds of cigar history and activity!
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Keep in mind the conventions you just looked up are for members of the IPCPR. You have to be a broker, retailer, exhibitor and be a member to get in. Or just have a good hookup to get you in.

Badwhale-the reason they choose cities like vegas, new orleans etc.. is a lot of people that go to them choose that time as their vacation. When they have done the conventions at cities that aren't vegas like or have that wild tradition attendance is very low. So they stick with places that draw people to them as a city alone.

Blog Entries

What are you hoping to find at these conventions? The newest cigar lines? Information on new blends and manufacturers? Rallying support for cigar smokers rights?

While I'm envious of those that get to attend IPCPR, I'm just as happy talking about cigars here, attending a herf, even going to my local B&M and smoking with the guys there. If I want to try something new, I offer up a box split, or jump in on one and participate in this community.

Eddie, you don't know about the cultural hotbed that is Akron, Ohio? All night raves, 5 star restaurants, a world trade center, what more can you ask for?
    On a serious note, while New Orleans and Las Vegas are larger, more destination vacation cities, they also have the reputation of being cities of vices - of which I'm assuming cigars are considered to be.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

I dunno, my sarcasm meter readings are off the charts here. Is it just me?
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    What are you hoping to find at these conventions? The newest cigar lines? Information on new blends and manufacturers? Rallying support for cigar smokers rights?

While I'm envious of those that get to attend IPCPR, I'm just as happy talking about cigars here, attending a herf, even going to my local B&M and smoking with the guys there. If I want to try something new, I offer up a box split, or jump in on one and participate in this community.

Eddie, you don't know about the cultural hotbed that is Akron, Ohio? All night raves, 5 star restaurants, a world trade center, what more can you ask for?
    On a serious note, while New Orleans and Las Vegas are larger, more destination vacation cities, they also have the reputation of being cities of vices - of which I'm assuming cigars are considered to be.
    I guess I would like to go to a show or convention to see whats new, maybe even pick up some samples, maybe even free samples. I love to go to shows for my other hobbies (golf, fishing) so why not for cigars?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyebw View Post
    I guess I would like to go to a show or convention to see whats new, maybe even pick up some samples, maybe even free samples. I love to go to shows for my other hobbies (golf, fishing) so why not for cigars?
    There we go, the free shit is where it's at. All the new shit is in cigar afficionado first anyway, geesh, it's like the bible for cigar smokers, especially the reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    There we go, the free shit is where it's at. All the new shit is in cigar afficionado first anyway, geesh, it's like the bible for cigar smokers, especially the reviews.
    Im always down for some free shit, especially free cigar shit, because allot of cigar shit is expensive. At least my wife thinks it is.

Thread Information