Thread: air purifiers?

Default air purifiers?

my buddy is looking to put a purifier in his game room. thought i would ask what people are using here or if anyone has any suggestions. the room is roughly 300 sq. ft.
    “There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”

Blog Entries

I use a rabbitair overnight , then a lampeberger in the am.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

A friend of mine actually sells Ed. Pinaud air purification lamps, exactly like lampe berger but cheaper. I've smoked with 2 friends in a 200sp ft room and that baby cleared it right up in an hr or 2, smoke smell and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    I use a rabbitair overnight , then a lampeberger in the am.
    I'm actually in the market for a smoke eater/purifier and have looked at the Rabbits. Which model do you have and how long have you had it?

I have been trying a Kenmore Plasmawave that dosen't make a lick of a difference. Though I guess it's more a general air cleaner and not a smoke eater.
    Yay! Cigars!

I have the The RabbitAir Minus A2. I bought it from Famous Smokeshop's auction.
    I had a Honeywell before and it did nothing. The rabbitair works wonderful.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

I've been doing some research at lunch today, and the Rabbitairs have received some really good reviews. Csonka, Friedrich, and ECOquest have been recommended on other boards, but haven't seen too many reviewers recommending them.

Paddy, do you let it run all the time or only after you smoke?
    Last edited by Mizicke5273; 01-04-2011 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Add a thought.....cause I wasn't smart enough to think of it earlier. Ha
    Yay! Cigars!

Quote Originally Posted by Mizicke5273 View Post
    I've been doing some research at lunch today, and the Rabbitairs have received some really good reviews. Csonka, Friedrich, and ECOquest have been recommended on other boards, but haven't seen too many reviewers recommending them.

Paddy, do you let it run all the time or only after you smoke?
    That depends on how much I smoke that day. I do most of my cigar smoking at night after dinner. I will run the unit while I smoke and then all night long. shut it off in the morning and light a lampeberger or some Indian incense. If I was to walk back into my cigar room later that day you could never tell I smoke cigars in it. If the weather is bad and I smoke through out the day in the room I will run it nonstop. It seems to not impact my electric bill very much. I have not noticed any significant raise in the bill.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Well, I smoke in the basement in the winter. And for some reason this year the smell is just lingering worse than ever. Not that I have been smoking more........ No way that could be it! I picked up the Kenmore to try out and it does nothing, doesn't help it is only for a 150 sqft room. The incense that I burn does more. So, I'm now looking for a beefier unit, that will work.
    Yay! Cigars!

Quote Originally Posted by Mizicke5273 View Post
    Well, I smoke in the basement in the winter. And for some reason this year the smell is just lingering worse than ever. Not that I have been smoking more........ No way that could be it! I picked up the Kenmore to try out and it does nothing, doesn't help it is only for a 150 sqft room. The incense that I burn does more. So, I'm now looking for a beefier unit, that will work.
    I went through two units untill I found one that worked. A Consaka smoke clocker and a Honeywell 50250. My wife now uses the Honeywell in our bedroom ( she likes the white noise). The rabbitair does the job. It's pricey, but works.
    ~ Gerry Adams

So far all my research I have done, and I'll be honest that only amounts to a few hours of looking around , has pointed me to you get what you pay for. For myself, looks like I'll be picking up a Rabbitair some time soon.
    Yay! Cigars!

Thread Information