Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's a brother to do...

Latin and Greek phrases

Definition of: delenda est Carthago

delenda est Carthago: Carthage must be utterly destroyed. (A phrase with which Cato the elder urged the Roman people to the destruction of Carthage, which he looked on as a dangerous rival to Rome.)

I can speculate its relevance to this board, but I must admit I really don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua
    Can't we all just get along and remain on topic in appropriate places. Also, its just the internet so don't take it too seriously.
    I have been running, moderating and using forums for over 10 years now. In 99% of the cases I would fully agree that it's just the internet and to not take it seriously. However, in the case of cigar forums, that could not be any further from accurate.

People put a lot on the line in cigar forums. Trades, passes, bombing runs, etc. You can do a search for Bad Trader lists and Cigar Thiefs and such and see how "real" it is. If we were all smoking swisher sweets it would be different. Some folks have lost every cigar they had and were not in a position to replace them simply because they were trying to be generous BOTLs. People have been taken many times, and will be many more times, participating on cigar forums and some folks don't like seeing their fellow BOTLs getting shafted. We take it personally because we look out for each other because we tend to develop real world friendships.

Scotty here is a good example. He screwed over his own brother-in-law in a pass and then fucked over an entire message forum just so he could be a moderator on a low-class forum that is now dead because of his actions.

What people fail to realize is, this shit wouldn't be happening in no one gave a fuck about this community. People are being taken to task because some of us like this forum and want to see it achieve success much like other cigar forums. But they are few and far between because of scumbags running them down.
    Last edited by Shagaroo; 07-14-2005 at 11:10 AM.

SFG75 Guest

Scotty here is a good example. He screwed over his own brother-in-law in a pass
    B.S.-sticks are damaged in passes all the time. At my first one at CP, five sticks came back damaged. Do you hunt down the people who put them in? Not unless they have a history of it, shit happens. At the same time, I have made it up to Randy-I gave him an Ashton Cabinet #2 which is of greater value of the La Unica cameroon that I took. You are just bringing up business that has already been taken care of. No points there bro. BTW-I'm Randy's best friend. We go to their house every weekend. I know people who are on the "outs" with him, you would be very surprised at how a person can be cut off from him friendship wise.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SFG75
    B.S.-sticks are damaged in passes all the time. At my first one at CP, five sticks came back damaged. Do you hunt down the people who put them in? Not unless they have a history of it, shit happens. At the same time, I have made it up to Randy-I gave him an Ashton Cabinet #2 which is of greater value of the La Unica cameroon that I took. You are just bringing up business that has already been taken care of. No points there bro. BTW-I'm Randy's best friend. We go to their house every weekend. I know people who are on the "outs" with him, you would be very surprised at how a person can be cut off from him friendship wise.
    Here's some business that hasn't been taken care of....

Why do you strike me as an insufferable, know-it-all blowhard with a chip on his shoulder?
    Why do you have a huge, swollen head with no reason for it to have gotten that way?
    Why is your super inflated opinion of yourself so different than the opinions of the people who know you?
    Where did you get your "Master's" degree? or are you lying about that as I suspect?

Just curious... really.

NA

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by samclemmons
    Here's some business that hasn't been taken care of....

Why do you strike me as an insufferable, know-it-all blowhard with a chip on his shoulder?
    Why do you have a huge, swollen head with no reason for it to have gotten that way?
    Why is your super inflated opinion of yourself so different than the opinions of the people who know you?
    Where did you get your "Master's" degree? or are you lying about that as I suspect?

Just curious... really.

NA
    Scew you Neal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SFG75
    Scew you Neal.

"Scew"????????

Typical response from a phoney is faced with tough questions that would be too embarrassing to answer.

Scotty, you don't strike me as "Master's Degree" material.

I think you should answer samclemmons' questions

Scotty, I noticed how you no longer have an avatar or any links in your sigtag. Does this mean you're pulling a CockyHooskins and leaving? Oh, I don't want to get my hopes up......

("Oh boy is this GREAT" - Flounder in "Animal House" - 1978)
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 07-14-2005 at 12:19 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Oh and another thing Scotty does, he sends PM's to people lying about me. Hey Scotty, I DARE ya to deny this because you know it's true

This type of behavior in inexcusable on a board like this. Scotty tries ot portray himself as some kind of good guy when he's nothing more than a piece of shit who is trying to make trouble and disprupt this board. His record speaks for itself. He's been banned at CigarPass for his actions and he ruined LetsTalkCigars aka "The Island of the Misfit Toys" with his arrogant, abusive and devious ways.

If Scotty had and REAL issues, he should post them for all to see. Oh wait, he tried that with the "CC's inappropriate comment" and had his ass handed to him. The bottom line is Scroto, you have no REAL issues with me so instead you resort to lying about me by "whispering" behind my back in PMs to the new guy trying to get them sympathetic to your pathetic cause.

So Scroto, if you've to "issues" with me, lay it on the line and post OPENLY about it instead of being the weasel that you are by sending PM's to the new guys making slanderous comments about me.

C'mon boy, again I DARE you to deny it
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 07-14-2005 at 12:45 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Just so you know where I stand Scotty your an ASS!

Well I didn't come here for trades or anything like that. It is too easy to get burned by somebody online. Another forum I am on when somebody scams somebody else purposefully in the buy/sell subforum they get kicked out for good. If they are just being a douche they get a big red custom title to replace their avatar. Dumb posts end up getting a probation with 3 strikes and you are out type of thing. It ends up for overall better experience, but most of this stuff probably isn't needed on a small forum like this.

Maybe there should be a post in the section where trades/sales etc are conducted where people can post their greivances so new people can check that before conducting a transation with them. There isn't a need to bug the person in other sections of the forums because somebody new like me comes in and they are confused and the people making childish remarks and insults just come off looking like jerks.

Blog Entries

Well I didn't come here for trades or anything like that. It is too easy to get burned by somebody online. Another forum I am on when somebody scams somebody else purposefully in the buy/sell subforum they get kicked out for good. If they are just being a douche they get a big red custom title to replace their avatar. Dumb posts end up getting a probation with 3 strikes and you are out type of thing. It ends up for overall better experience, but most of this stuff probably isn't needed on a small forum like this.

Maybe there should be a post in the section where trades/sales etc are conducted where people can post their greivances so new people can check that before conducting a transation with them. There isn't a need to bug the person in other sections of the forums because somebody new like me comes in and they are confused and the people making childish remarks and insults just come off looking like jerks.
    LMFAO, you got a hell of a lot to learn about cigar boards there kid.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Neal, I think Scrotty wants to "scew" you....LMAO

Scrote's a dumbass, little man. He should be banned from here for his stunt with that bullshit contest. If he stays, it's open season and no mercy!

12. Default

He won't be my first... er... you know what I mean.

NA

I understand your position, but not the vitriol of your attacks. If Scotty is wrong, what is wrong with just saying he is wrong, without the personal attacks?

I can see there is a lot of history between some of you on this board, which I can appreciate. And I am NOT defending Scotty.

I would just like to see that we have civil discussions on this board.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

there are other boards if all the petty stuff really bothers you that bad you are welcome to try them out
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka
    I understand your position, but not the vitriol of your attacks. If Scotty is wrong, what is wrong with just saying he is wrong, without the personal attacks?

I can see there is a lot of history between some of you on this board, which I can appreciate. And I am NOT defending Scotty.

I would just like to see that we have civil discussions on this board.
    Do you see any "vitriol" in Scotty's posts? Think carefully now.....
    Originaly posted by SFG75
    Screw it-everything is off the table. Contest is over-no winner. This was my contest and it will remain such. No one else is going to interfere and claim the goods. The list was up and if you didn't know you weren't on it-that's your own damn fault.
    Hey-screw you and the horse you rode in on. You aren't getting shit from me. Have a nice life folks.
    Scew you Neal.
    If he posts and wants in because he thinks it's funny about my use of the iggy option, then I have a right to presume he's just fuckin' with me and didn't want in.
    You asked in with the appearance that you were just fuckin' with me.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 07-14-2005 at 03:41 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Yes, I do. I wish it was all taken to Politics and left there though.

Blog Entries

You've swallowed way too much of Scotty's Kool-Aid the MODERATORS make the call to move what they see fit to the "politics" forum. Please for the love of God, get that through your thick head. As a matter of fact, Hugh Jorgan posted this, you saw it, right?:
    Originally posted by Hugh Jorgan
    Hex:

This one will most definately need to be moved to the politics forum because it is only going to get uglier in here.

Thanks!

/ Hugh
    It's not our fault Scotty turned this into a fiasco, he started with the foul language and the scam attitude long before it got nasty.

Just a question there for ya CigarNoBaka, do you think Scotty handled himself poorly in this situation? You know, starting a contest, excluding people who entered per HIS rules, ignoring people then completely losing control of his temper he goes into "melt down" spewing garbage and foul language and insults?

I just would like your take on his behavior seein' how you're not on "my side" here or anything........
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    You've swallowed way too much of Scotty's Kool-Aid the MODERATORS make the call to move what they see fit to the "politics" forum. Please for the love of God, get that through your thick head. As a matter of fact, Hugh Jorgan posted this, you saw it, right?:

It's not our fault Scotty turned this into a fiasco, he started with the foul language and the scam attitude long before it got nasty.

Just a question there for ya CigarNoBaka, do you think Scotty handled himself poorly in this situation? You know, starting a contest, excluding people who entered per HIS rules, ignoring people then completely losing control of his temper he goes into "melt down" spewing garbage and foul language and insults?

I just would like your take on his behavior seein' how you're not on "my side" here or anything........

Well, considering you just jumped all over my ass just because I expressed an opinion without taking sides, how am I to take it. I am not posting any more on this subject for now, saying anything about this pissing contest is like pissing on an electric wire. You get what you asked for. Fuck it.

Blog Entries

Well, considering you just jumped all over my ass just because I expressed an opinion without taking sides, how am I to take it. I am not posting any more on this subject for now, saying anything about this pissing contest is like pissing on an electric wire. You get what you asked for. Fuck it.
    Oh quit yer whinin' ya big baby. You whined about how you:
    would just like to see that we have civil discussions on this board.
    and said:
    I understand your position, but not the vitriol of your attacks.
    So, I asked you if you saw any "vitriol" (giving you a few examples of the many there are) in Scotty's posts. You whined again:
    Now YOU ARE posting "vitriol" and going into your own little meltdown.

Grow up!!!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    Oh quit yer whinin' ya big baby. You whined about how you:

and said:

So, I asked you if you saw any "vitriol" (giving you a few examples of the many there are) in Scotty's posts. You whined again:

Now YOU ARE posting "vitriol" and going into your own little meltdown.

Grow up!!!

Nice and respectable. Who is keeping members off the boards?

Thread Information