Thread: Cigar Caddy: Two Thumbs up

Default Cigar Caddy: Two Thumbs up

Just a quick post on my satisfaction with my 5 count Cigar Caddy...I finally had the chance to take it for a float on the Comal last week and while it got completely soaked- the cigars, lighter and matches I placed inside were bone dry.

If anyone is looking for a travel humidor to take along on kayaking, toobing, rafting trips, etc- I'd definitely recommend one of these.

Blog Entries

Actually, they seal so well, that when you get off a flight (and they're not in the cabin), you can't open it.

They usually have a deal running at CI where you get a 5er of smokes along with the caddy for 35 bucks or something.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

I have 3x 15 counts and 2x 5 counts.

I think that says enough of what I think of them. :smi(ley4:
    Yay! Cigars!

I have a 15 count one I am looking to break in at the end of the month for my annual fly fishing tourney.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Actually, they seal so well, that when you get off a flight (and they're not in the cabin), you can't open it.
    Funny stuff...I took mine along on our last flight but placed it in my carry on. I've been doing some reading up on it, and it sounds like prying it open with a quarter will get it open if it's air locked? Anyone have to do this with a smaller one that doesn't have a release valve?

Blog Entries

I mean, if you just wait for a little while, it decompresses.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

I need to get one of them, Last year I invested in the Craftmans Bench Scout.
    Says it hold 20 cigars....NOPE. $35.00 piece of crap.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Blog Entries

Cigar Caddys are inexpensive and good value for money. I'd rather have a case with a pressure release valve and better construction and materials, but those do cost quite a bit more (unless one had them already for other things :-).

There is/was a website that sold high-quality foam cut to replace the Cigar Caddy foam, but I have no recollection of the name, sorry.

In any case, disposable plastic food containers work just fine - as do small coolers, of course!
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

My wife got me a 30 count travel humidor for x'mas last year. It's very rugged and can even be locked and has a pressure release. It will definitely hold 30 cigars no matter the size.

I just ran upstairs to have a quick look at the brand name and searched it. The case she got me is the following:

http://madelainecigar.com/products_d...28&category=20

I'm using it in June when we go south for our bi-annual trip through the pacific northwest.

Personally, I wouldn't have bought a 30 count if it had been me buying it for myself (a 15 would be plenty). But I won't complain. Even if I never fill it (and I might when I got on my annual 2 week hunting trip in November) it's nice to know I have the space if I need it.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

I also have a 15 count. Works very well.

My Cigar buddy bought me the 50 count of that same xtreme case. I used it once so far, lol they thought it was a camera case at the airport.... haha to their surprise it was nothing but cigars! they made me remove all the padding(The glued stuff on the lid) to make sure I wasn't smuggling hehe

http://madelainecigar.com/products_d...29&category=20
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Thread Information